Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
An idea I'm toying with that just seems too boring at the moment. Any suggestions to spice it up? The idea is basically "Create or Die" (I've been told that U is the math symbol for "or").

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
14Comments
    152 weeks ago
    It is the set symbol for 'or'. But it's used for all-inclusive possibilities ("create or die, both are good"), not an and/or situation.

What would work for "create or die" (meaning "you're either in the 'create' group, or the 'die' group, nobody can be in both") would be the symmetric difference symbol. Either the 'delta' triangle, or a circle split in two with a horizontal line.

http://www.rapidtables.com/math/symbols/Set_Symbols.htm

152 weeks ago
    ...and even then, I'm not really right, because mathematically there's always the possibility that someone is in both groups (even if they can't be in life).

How about the negation symbol, ¬ ... 'create' is only true is 'die' is false, and vice versa.
    152 weeks ago
    uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Design wise I would assume the circle with the horizontal line would be most aesthetically pleasing. But it would also look kinda like a pokeball. I don't know if that would matter though. I also don't know how much sense it would make to anyone that's not familiar with mathematical symbols at all (Despite reading your comment, that would still be me. I'm a mathmotard)
    152 weeks ago
    First reaction I tried to convert it into a phrase with the word you and got confused. Never would've gotten the math reference and I consider myself pretty mathematically inclined. But that's just me
    151 weeks ago
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alright, I scrapped the math symbol idea. Still could use some sprucing up though.
    151 weeks ago
    Lightbulb or skull.

Most would pick the skull. Look at the millions of skull tees out there :P
    151 weeks ago
    And I will only buy a lightbulb tee if it's energy saving!
    151 weeks ago
    Haha, either you guys are having fun or the message is lost. Back to the drawing board!
    151 weeks ago
    Replace the lightbulb with a skateboard and i'll buy it.
    151 weeks ago
    What about an oar from a boat? Or iron ore?
    151 weeks ago
    OEBlaze said: What about an oar from a boat? Or iron ore?

Or a picture of Thor. With the letters 'TH' written above it, and the letters are crossed -- you know what, skip that, it's a stupid idea.
    151 weeks ago
    @Jackpot777 Hahaha I thought it was funny! A for effort.
    151 weeks ago
    Haha funny try.

Lightbulb oar skull :)

Sorry man the message's just not coming through with that kind of literal imaging. I don't think anyone would get it without a caption. Maybe if you added typography but VERY beautifully it would work.
    151 weeks ago
    For create you might be able to do god and adams hands meeting like on the systine chappel? It still might be a stretch but I thin at least a few more people might get it. Plus if you title the tee create or die people would at least get it when they bought it.