Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
My latest design was inspired by Masters of the Universe. What do you think?

Photobucket
19Comments
    152 weeks ago
    made a subtle change to the outline of the cross.
    Photobucket
    152 weeks ago
    I think...you've been beaten to it

greyskull.jpg
    152 weeks ago
    Man, that thing wasn't printed here was it? Besides the name Greyskull, that one has nothing at all to do with Masters of the Universe. Not a fan of that design.

Lol I'll just have to rework my design maybe. Well I have something to do after work tonight lol
    152 weeks ago
    that is a He-Man parody shirt...:I
    152 weeks ago
    MightyRain said: Man, that thing wasn't printed here was it? Besides the name Greyskull, that one has nothing at all to do with Masters of the Universe.

Besides the name Greyskull. And Skeletor's connection with the whole MotU thing!

Skeletor.jpg
    152 weeks ago
    And the castle being a giant skull.

And the "I have the power" catchphrase.

castle-grayskull-he-man.jpg

Apart from all those, what have the Romans ever done for us no connection at all.
    151 weeks ago
    Yes it is a parody of the same thing I parodied, the "By the power of Greyskull" line, but the skull is just a generic white skull. Nothing at all like the unique skull on Greyskull or the yellow skull on Skeletor... thus it is nothing at all like them. If the Skull was colored yellow, I could say "Oh that's Skeletor's skull!" or if the skull was similar to the castle's front.... "Oh that's cool!" but it isn't.
    151 weeks ago
    I say: submit it. I'd make the cross squarer (right now it looks like the Independent logo)...

1032664-he_man_b_large.jpg

Independent-logo-design.jpg

151 weeks ago
    MightyRain said: Yes it is a parody of the same thing I parodied, the "By the power of Greyskull" line, but the skull is just a generic white skull. Nothing at all like the unique skull on Greyskull or the yellow skull on Skeletor... thus it is nothing at all like them. If the Skull was colored yellow, I could say "Oh that's Skeletor's skull!" or if the skull was similar to the castle's front.... "Oh that's cool!" but it isn't.

It's a "Greyskull". And it's the same phrase. And the text is better integrated - try to integrate your text in a better way to the crest-y thing and give it a shot.
    151 weeks ago
    I like that Greyskull Power Company one 10x's better. Is that your work Winter or is that avail somewhere else?
    151 weeks ago
    This is the He-man cross I was using to inspire. He has had about 5 different logos on his harness over the years
    hmo_wp_002_800.jpg

Your right that is grey. Looked white until you pointed that out. Still not a fan of that design. Not something I would wear, not to nitpick, but the dual lines on either side of the yellow circle, are not semetrical at all. And I don't care for the skull they used at all.
    151 weeks ago
    drwyrick said: I like that Greyskull Power Company one 10x's better. Is that your work Winter or is that avail somewhere else?

that's no mine

just google it and the site should pop up

it's a great example of subtle pop art
    151 weeks ago
    So what your saying is... That instead of a critique or a comment on my piece... you googled some random person's work and highjacked my thread with it? You do know that you can probably google designs similar to well over 70% of the designs that get printed on here? Thousands of artists on the internet = many similar ideas. We had the same idea for a design, yet completely different in all ways. :-P

Nib High Football Rules!
    151 weeks ago
    Please don't get offended when another artist googles a bit to see if your idea has been done before, it's basically what I do *always* before I proceed on executing an idea. Yes they often have been done before (like my smuuuuuurf R2-D2 & C3PO Dr Who idea, damnit), but often they're not. When they're not, there's nothing to say.

When they are, it's good to take a good objective look at it and understand whether you're bringing anything different different to the table and whether your idea/execution is better than the other one.

Winter was trying to help :) cut him some slack :)

*Personal opinion below which noone has to agree with*

And I do like the Greyskull one better, it's cleaner and the art and the text work together. Yes the he-man cross is relevant but not "duh-obvious", which sometimes is better. Sometimes is not. I don't even care whether it's symmetrical by two millimeters or not.
    151 weeks ago
    well Tu pretty much beat me to it but yeah my intention wasn't to "hijack" your thread lol

there's a lot you can learn from that other design

PS - considering you're using the same text and roughly the same layout I'd say your designs are more similar than you realize
    151 weeks ago
    I'm just digging into him a little. Sorry Winter, I just get annoyed when someone else's artwork is posted in my thread and instead of the feedback I was looking to get, I get comments on their artwork. lol

Winter has done amazing work here, and I would love constructive criticizm from him rather than a "been done before" and a pic. I was smiling as I poked at him with that last comment, I honestly am not all that upset over it. Thats why I posted the "Nib High Football Rules" at the bottom, I do that when ever I post something I know makes me look like an ass lol
    151 weeks ago
    P.S. it got me what I wanted, he came back in and actually commented on the art. :-D Thanks Winter
    151 weeks ago
    I agree with tu I always google a design before I start it because I need to know what im up against (you can see my recent submission if u dig all the way into page 6 or 7 Haha for which I definitely googled the words this machine kills sith lords). I got some stuff similar in concept but different enough to proceed so its just something to consider.

I think what winter is saying is if somethings been done before (if only an average rendition) there's less chance of it being selected
    151 weeks ago
    MightyRain, I do like your overall design, much more than the other one in fact. However, I must admit that the text integration in the other design is a tad bit tighter.