Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
one of my favorite game series so here's my first attempt at a design, what do you guys think.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
7Comments
    152 weeks ago
    lol i like it
    152 weeks ago
    superbeaner said: lol i like it

thanks, trying to stay in synch with the vault-tec advertising mentality
    152 weeks ago
    I love the design but I would never wear it. Its just too much for me. But its an awesome design. I tink that would be great on the back of a coat or even a hoody.
    152 weeks ago
    Bear in mind that I'm an art director at a t-shirt shop so my job is to critique designs. First off, I think it's a great concept, both visually and intellectually. I think with the right graphic it could do very well. The downside however is that as it currently stands the graphic is very weak. The Vault-tec style is very simple but it's a lot more refined than what I see above. You need consistent line weights, straighter lines and just more attention to overall smoothness to pull off that look effectively. Just because something looks simple doesn't necessarily mean it's easy to do.
    152 weeks ago
    Although I think Chenzzo is on the right track, I'll make my own critique.

If you're going for this design, you have to make it true to the game; that is, I believe you wanted to "Mickey Mouse" it on purpose to give it that sort of simplistic feel. That said, I believe Chenzzo is right about the line weights (I'm reusing the terminology as I'm NOT a graphic artist), and that proportions are important. You'll have to stick to true geometry if you want to make it work, and I'd suggest using something that won't require TOO much realism (as opposed to the Supermutants--maybe a Deathclaw with a Bloatfly in the background?) so that you can pull off a caricature with the toony art you're doing. I don't know I'm drunk I'm just typing.
    152 weeks ago
    Love any fallout designs, the more the better
    148 weeks ago
    KoalaKnight said:
    superbeaner said: lol i like it

thanks, trying to stay in synch with the vault-tec advertising mentality

you should make him hold a nuka cola instead of wine lol