Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
tried my hand at a Kill Bill shirt, what do you guys think?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
11Comments
    152 weeks ago
    Lol even though I don't know the Oren reference :)
    152 weeks ago
    O-ren was the character in Kill Bill volume 1 played by Lucy Liu, who took over the Crazy 88s (Japanese mafia organization). Great part of the film where one of the other yakuza gives her sass because she's not 100% Japanese, so she gently walks across the boardroom table, whips out the sword, and beheads him.

Video of the scene. Not Suitable For Work.
    152 weeks ago
    Oh, and I love it!!
    152 weeks ago
    I like the concept, but i dont think it would look that great with a square border on a shirt, perhaps you can print it on a grey shirt and have the snow and wall trail off using half tones, or add trees on the side of the design to "close up" the wall and act as frames itself
    152 weeks ago
    yeah i've tried it on a shirt and if the image is large enough it doesn't look bad, but i agree i've been trying to figure out a way to not make it so obvious the design just stops so to speak, i may try to remove the wall entirely and have the snow "blend" a bit more as it gets to the edge, thanks for the kind words folks
    152 weeks ago
    tried a slight adjustment of the background, to make it transition a bit better into the shirt
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    152 weeks ago
    Sadly, I have to personally whinefest anything Kill Bill.. Tarantino stole waaaaay too much from Lady Snowblood.. :(
    152 weeks ago
    whinefest... really? B-o-y-c-o-t-t... :P
    152 weeks ago
    Oh, and to add something constructive.. :) I like the way you changed it so it blends into a shirt better (although you need to finish the tree on the left, imho).. Also, her eyes don't seem to focus quite right. ^_^
    152 weeks ago
    heh, well the eyes thing is kind of on purpose...Lucy is a lovely lady but she's got some crazy eyes
    152 weeks ago
    Im holding out for a Kill Bill shirt reworked to "Kill Phil" where Oprah is dressed as the bride taking out Dr Phil.