Back to forum
rss 166 weeks ago
I have been waiting for an awesome Harry Potter tee shirt design to come out for Deathly Hallows Part 2. This is the last installment in the Harry Potter series before the franchise comes to close, so I really want to get an awesome shirt to wear to opening night. I know a lot of other people would enjoy this as well, so I am just trying to get a post started where people may throw some ideas around or get an interested artist to get involved. I really liked the most recent HP design Magic Within. Something along those lines that included a lot of different HP elements, instead of those Hogwarts House shirts. Post whatever you think, I am just trying to start a brainstorm session.
56Comments
    166 weeks ago
    I made a harry potter shirt that mashed up the deadhead logo (Grateful Dead Groupies) but nobody seemed fond of it : /
    166 weeks ago
    Never saw it but it sounds really interesting. But I think it would be best for a non MashedPotato of just pure Harry Potter awesomeness!
    166 weeks ago
    I'd love to make a Harry Potter shirt for the final movie. Any suggestions?
    166 weeks ago
    Someone should make an Akira/Harry Potter mash-up. Take the movie poster for example and instead of Kaneda facing his bike swap it with Harry facing his broom.

Or perhaps you could do a Seinfeld/Harry Potter mash-up with the cover of the final season.
    166 weeks ago
    Hmm. Maybe some reference to a place in the book? Like, a shirt from Gringotts?

Or, something in reference to the final battle? Death Eater Family Reunion or Order of the Phoenix Victory Party.

Harry Potter and the Extended Camping Trip?

Something about the horcruxes? Maybe relate them to a scavenger hunt?
    166 weeks ago
    Maybe a recurring theme throughout the books. Like something about friendship, courage, or how it's ok to break the rules as long as you save the wizarding world in the process haha.
    166 weeks ago
    Gringotts would be awesome too! Or something about Hogwarts without the houses would be cool. I was also thinking if an idea with the old mischievous quartet of moody wormtail padfoot and prongs with the newer ones of Harry Ron Hermione and either Neville Luna or Malfoy (to reflect wormtail)
    166 weeks ago
    I'd love a HP shirt for the last film as well. My preference is for a non-MashedPotato, but I'm fairly open to anything.
    166 weeks ago
    (I meant to add, I prefer non-MashedPotato because if something is a combination of two things I feel like I have to actually like both things in order to buy/wear it.)
    166 weeks ago
    I'm with Yost and Asami...

Let's get a really great Potter themed shirt (non MashedPotato) here soon so we can break it in for the movie event!
    166 weeks ago
    I agree completely. Anybody else have any suggestions?
    166 weeks ago
    I was going to design a Luna Lovegood shirt with a quote from her. But i wanted to do another design. possibly hogwarts or gryffindor related
    166 weeks ago
    I feel like we have a lot of great artists on this site, and even more creative individuals that are customers that are very opinionated. I know if we put our heads together we can come up with something truly awesome that the majority will like.
    166 weeks ago
    Would love love love to see more Potter shirts.
    Esp an order of the phoenix one...

agreed on the non-mashed. I was so disappointed to see the latest harry potter shirt was a zombie/potter MashedPotato. :( I have a co-worker that asks me everyday if the teefury shirt is harry potter. we both were disappointed when the answer was yes and it was a MashedPotato neither of us liked.

(I do totally own and rock the Death Eaters one though. )
    166 weeks ago
    How about Luna and something with Nargles? Or Hagrid's animal kingdom with bowtruckles and the like?

Anyway, I'm up for any non MashedPotato! See you at the midnight showing! :)
    166 weeks ago
    an order of the pheonix shirt would be AWESOME! I also really like the idea of a twist on the padfoot/prongs/moony/wormtail with harry, ron, hermione and malfoy
    166 weeks ago
    This is the old one. Normally, I'm not a fan of mashed designs either, unless they're VERY clever, but it sells. Also, I thought this one was more fun, because I didn't consider it so much mashing up the Grateful Dead and Harry Potter, as I did a logo for hardcore potter fans, that was a pun of the logo for deadheads (who were VERY hardcore). Thought of it more like a "THIS is how srs we are" than an actual mash.

Anyways...

Photobucket

And I know the rez isn't amazing, but that's how the original logo is.
    166 weeks ago
    Also: I'll try to get to work on a logo type shirt. (They're my most favorite anyways.)

Which establishment would you guys like to see most? Gringott's? Olivander's? The Leaky Cauldron?
    166 weeks ago
    What about a shirt advertising the Tri-Wizard Cup tournament or something?

166 weeks ago
    How many of these words are copywrited? could i include the names of the schools and such?
    166 weeks ago
    I think Gringotts could be my personal favorite place suggested so far. And a leaky cauldron one could be really awesome too. Tri-Wizard cup is pretty bad a$$ but the fact that its only in one book makes me think there could be a better option.
    166 weeks ago
    I agree. I got an idea for a pretty simple gringott's one. I'll try to think of something similar for the leaky cauldron.
    166 weeks ago
    How about one where Harry and Ron are hotboxing the flying car.
    166 weeks ago
    Luna1
    166 weeks ago
    Luna on Navy
    Photobucket
  • Load More Comments