Back to forum
rss 166 weeks ago
I made a few changes to my "Mr. Pointy" design. Looking for thoughts, critiques, etc.

(I know this image is a bit grainy, the submission won't be.)

Photobucket
12Comments
    166 weeks ago
    i really like the design and don't have any particular critiques...perhaps an actual artist can help you on that part

as for the purchase, if it came up I'd pass. I love Buffy and the show will always hold a place in my heart but if I picked up a shirt referencing it, it'd have to have some of the characters on it

nothing against your design though as I know what its referencing but I guess I'm just one of those people that likes faces on my shirts ;)
    166 weeks ago
    I also love Buffy. I don't need characters on my shirt but this isn't something I would buy. Sorry!!

slayer approved is a little hard to read.
    166 weeks ago
    I love Buffy, but I don't like this design as a whole. I can't put my finger on what it is, but something is off about it. Maybe it's the colours?
    166 weeks ago
    The Border seems a bit too busy, perhaps a oval shaped border might be a bit better? Also the colours are washed out.
    166 weeks ago
    littlerobot said: I love Buffy, but I don't like this design as a whole. I can't put my finger on what it is, but something is off about it. Maybe it's the colours?

Agreed, not that its bad, just something...
    166 weeks ago
    I love the design, but i think it's too complicated for a t-shirt, the little details around the border are a little distracting. I'd buy it if you stripped it down to just the stake, the banner and the moon
    166 weeks ago
    mbecks114 said: I love the design, but i think it's too complicated for a t-shirt, the little details around the border are a little distracting. I'd buy it if you stripped it down to just the stake, the banner and the moon

That could be it...obviously its not a bad design...but you may be right too ambitious for a tee...Too much of a good thing :)
    166 weeks ago
    TheSaint08D said:
    mbecks114 said: I love the design, but i think it's too complicated for a t-shirt, the little details around the border are a little distracting. I'd buy it if you stripped it down to just the stake, the banner and the moon

That could be it...obviously its not a bad design...but you may be right too ambitious for a tee...Too much of a good thing :)

exactly. maybe even keep the "slayer approved" button, but i think the border and the leaves and stuff are a little too much
    166 weeks ago
    mbecks114 said:
    TheSaint08D said:

exactly. maybe even keep the "slayer approved" button, but i think the border and the leaves and stuff are a little too much

Yeah the "slayer approved" would be a must
    166 weeks ago
    I actually like everything about it, because it's using an art-nouveau style, and they were supposed to be complicated. The only things I would suggest changing is the coloration. I love the red and olive green look, but I'd love the green on the leaves to be a little bit darker and the cream of the moon to be lighter to make it pop more.
    166 weeks ago
    I, personally, really like this!
    166 weeks ago
    I liked the old font for "Slayer Approved" better.