Back to forum
rss 166 weeks ago
I submitted this Fight Club Stencil design earlier today. Just curious about what people think. I don't know if fight club still has a cult following or not. It's still one of my favorites.

I'm new to TeeFury so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse with my designs.

Photobucket"
19Comments
    166 weeks ago
    Nothing?
    166 weeks ago
    Been a while since I've seen the movie, so I don't really get the lips on the fist connection. Refresh my memory, please.

Otherwise, I like it. Not sure I'd buy the tee, but I like it.
    166 weeks ago
    The lips are part of the initiation in which, through a chemical reaction with the saliva from a kiss and lye, used to make soap, creates a chemical burn. This leaves a lips-shaped scar on the back of the hand.
    166 weeks ago
    Wow that's so hard to get. Soap with the letters are pretty much the only reference that gets me an instant "Fight Club" moment. And the furniture with the prices.
    166 weeks ago
    Obscure reference, but I like it :D More hard-core fans will get it, but not sure about the general masses...
    166 weeks ago
    Hmm, guess I'll just have to watch the movie again! :-)

Agree with Chudlow.
    166 weeks ago
    It may be a little obscure for the non hardcore fight club fan.
    A fight club fanatic or Pahlaniuk cult fan would definitely get it.

I sold several hundred of a similar type design(more realistic, than like a stencil) in my ebay store a couple of years ago.

The soap reference has been so ever done. I was going for something a little more "secret" like a fight club...
    162 weeks ago
    What is the Ryu like Hadouken throwing figure in the opposite eye to the lip-print?
    162 weeks ago
    Clever idea once you know what it is, but I don't think it's clear that it's an actual fist.
    161 weeks ago
    PRINT THIS SHIRT! I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore fan of Fight Club because I've only seen it a handful of times, but I instantly got the reference and didn't really think it was obscure. Its kind of a huge WTF moment in the movie, and probably should have caught everyone's attention. I think I jumped out of my chair a little bit I got so excited about it though, good luck.
    159 weeks ago
    lbalmer89 said: PRINT THIS SHIRT! I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore fan of Fight Club because I've only seen it a handful of times, but I instantly got the reference and didn't really think it was obscure. Its kind of a huge WTF moment in the movie, and probably should have caught everyone's attention. I think I jumped out of my chair a little bit I got so excited about it though, good luck.

Thank you!
    158 weeks ago
    Love it because it is so obscure! So cool
    158 weeks ago
    Fist should be cleaner. cleaner knuckle and folding fingers detail. other than that it's cool@
    158 weeks ago
    thegalorian said: Love it because it is so obscure! So cool

absolutely. i got it right off and i'd buy it in a second. i appreciate the lack of text- you're not supposed to talk about fightclub anyway.
    150 weeks ago
    I love this design for it's sheer simplicity. Doesn't matter that the reference isn't as obvious because its a great design. Print please!
    150 weeks ago
    I had no problem recognizing it as a fist. Great execution! I love the simplicity. I need to see Fight Club (I know, it's outrageous) so I can understand this shirt and buy it if it's printed :D

Great job!
    150 weeks ago
    How is this an obscure reference?
    It was one of the most important scenes in the book and the movie.
    Just because no ones blowing anything up or getting the smurf beaten out of them people just don't pay attention...
    It's sad.
    141 weeks ago
    I've seen Fight Club around 200 times, and I lovelovelove this design! I'd be willing to do anything I could do to get it printed! The only FC design that I've seen so far that wasn't an Instabuy was the Durden for President. I liked the design, but it just didn't pop enough.
    141 weeks ago
    Oh man, I'd definitely wear this! Good job - simple design but packs a punch (thanks, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waiter) :D