Back to forum
rss 167 weeks ago
Hey guys, here's something I'm working on. It's VERY raw and very unfinished yet but it's such a nutter idea I thought I'd get some opinions and see if you like it :)

So basically, it's a audio pun, and it's Odin whacking Thor out of Asgard. At the Asgard Country Club.

What do you think of it? I *really* need your input!

Thanks Teefurians!

9Comments
    167 weeks ago
    Ace! :D
    167 weeks ago
    I like where its going...Thor is timely as well
    167 weeks ago
    Thanks Zero!! Thanks TheSaint!!

Funny enough I haven't seen the movie yet... Been meaning to but haven't had time, doing stuff like... this :P

It's still super rough, I think I'm gonna go for a propaganda poster style thing :)

Any more feedback guys? Would *love* to hear your thoughts on this ^^
    167 weeks ago
    Thor definitely needs a red cape and armor...Maybe you could switch it around and have Thor hitting a Frost Giant out of Asgard? Just a thought.
    167 weeks ago
    Yeah tbh the Odin reference doesn't really fit here, i think a frost giant or possibly an image of Loki being thrown with Thor in place of Odin.
    Also i'd possibly consider making the pole of Mjolnir longer to make it more golf club-like.
    But it defo looks like the beginnings of an EPIC tee!!!!
    Keep up the fantastic work (and make it quick, i really want that as a teeshirt please lol :D)!!!!
    167 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! Yes Thor really needs a lot more work and that red cape for sure.

But this is exactly as the story of Thor! Odin takes Thor's hammer and tosses him out of Asgard! He's the Thor in one! :P Doesn't that make sense?
    167 weeks ago
    Ya but, in the movie Odin did it for the good of the people not out of personal gain or enjoyment because Thor's exile was the only thing keeping Asgard from going to war with the Frost Giants a 2nd time and teaching Thor a lesson...But honestly it looks great either way!!! Love your work!!
    167 weeks ago
    Yes it does make sense if you know the legends surrounding Thor etc. However there will be people out there that buy it due to acknowledging the story and how the tshirt represents that, but then there is the majority who will buy it because its a kick-ass image, the second group being the larger (Hence why the image could do with a few changes IMO).
    Either way it's gonna look awesome, but you need to question who the target audience is gonna be, and make any changes required.
    Sounds like a rant i know, but i assure you it's not. I genuinely can't wait for this project to be finished, irrespective of how it's done :D
    166 weeks ago
    OK guys thanks for the feedback, here's some more progress update... My goodness the armor was a tough visualisation.

Still lots to go, gotta visualise Asgard's mountains and clouds and some nice Greeky flourishes and LIGHTNING EVERYWHERE!!

It's a hectic project on a part-time schedule, that's for sure :(
    (and girlfriend's complaining I don't spend enough time with her :P)

223234_10150608546160029_197020110028_18683325_6689904_n.jpg