I recently submitted some designs some time ago and I am assuming that they won't be used so I would like to get some thoughts from you kind folks and maybe change them and re-submit.

Thanks for viewing if anything!
11Comments
    167 weeks ago
    Trifecta of Cool is great. Sub it!
    167 weeks ago
    Thanks AlphaHotel, it was the last one that I had submitted.......I'll re-submit that one in a day or two, still assuming it isn't going to get picked up the first time around.
    166 weeks ago
    Any further thoughts on my designs?
    166 weeks ago
    None of them are executed very well and I'm not sure what to think of the references. Trifecta of Cool is a good idea but needs a major overhaul. Artistically, it's very basic and looks really bad. The text is generic and the pictures looked like they were just run through some random Photoshop filter (ie. it looks half-assed overall). Also, I'm not sure if I get what you're trying to convey. Bowties are Cool is already a shirt. Cowboy hats and Fezes are neat-o but I think for this design, it's best to have one hat. Two hats seem redundant.

At least you're giving it a shot, but you need to work on design and technique within Photoshop. Look through the TeeFury gallery and you can see what you're up against. Aside from the Cool Story Bro shirt (which was the worst tee I've ever seen on this site), these designs cannot compete in their current state.
    166 weeks ago
    I do appreciate the comments tactacfox, the trifecta shirt is in reference to Doctor Who. The11th doctor has said in episodes that bowties are cool, fezzes are cool and most recently that stetsons are cool. Thus having all three items on the shirt.

I do plan on designing more and trying new things, but yes, my first tries are not all that great.
    Thanks

165 weeks ago
    While I agree these designs need some work the tees are there in concept and tactacfox's comments came off a lil harsh (at least to me). I know what it's like to be new to design so my advice is just keep practicing. Do a design a day even if just for fun and you'll be amazed by your progress. Keep on...
    165 weeks ago
    Thanks much beware1984, it's really good advice and something I plan on doing. :)
    165 weeks ago
    I think your ideas are fun, but try not too be too basic. Clutter is bad, however details are really good. You want to capture peoples eye. Since, in this case, your designs pertain to certain references the image should be bolder and more thought out than they presently look. (:
    165 weeks ago
    Thank you Peggy, that was actually one thing I was worried about was going TOO detailed. I will give your suggestions a shot on my next revision. :)
    165 weeks ago
    what you need to do is design the images yourself. Right now they look as though you have just taken images off of google and live-traced them in Illustrator. As for the fonts, they are too bland and basic, there are thousands of fonts out there so see what you can find. Keep practicing and playing around with your ideas. Good luck
    165 weeks ago
    Thanks for the critique Cbibbo :)