Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago

I've already submitted the design and wasn't accepted, but I'd like to hear any suggestions on changing it to try again. Any thoughts? This is also my first design!
25Comments
    154 weeks ago
    It's pretty cool! I don't know why it wouldn't have been accepted other than they didn't know it was Who related (obviously fans know!) Maybe if the Doctor was wearing the Fez (but with his face hidden so it's mysterious..) it would help?
    154 weeks ago
    I love the idea, but there is something about the company name font (the one at the bottom looks fine), and the logo is a little stark, maybe fiddle around with some different fonts, sizing and maybe somehow make the logo less bold, perhaps even a different background color?
    154 weeks ago
    Fez needs a tassel.
    154 weeks ago
    Didn't he start wearing the fez in 2010 as well? so it would be Est 2010 not 2011. I agree, put a tassel on it.
    Also what about doing a co-op? Why not have it be:
    John Smith's Fez and Bowtie shop
    I wear Fezs and Bowties because they are cool.
    154 weeks ago
    the question should be what year relitave did he start wering the fez? it was the 2010 season, but wern't they in the past when he picked it up?
    154 weeks ago
    I agree the fez needs a tassel...oh and the font at the bottom is hard to read. Otherwise...I think it's an awesome design. :))
    154 weeks ago
    pretty cool =) I agree with pervious comments, the fez needs a tassel and the writing at the bottom is a wee bit difficult to read
    154 weeks ago
    AWAgentX said: the question should be what year relitave did he start wering the fez? it was the 2010 season, but wern't they in the past when he picked it up?

Yeah, wasn't it the late '90's?
    153 weeks ago
    I'd say try to tie all the elements together a bit more, as it stands it looks too loose, and not together.

Check out this awesome one for an idea of how to tie things together: http://www.teefury.com/forum/4757/Star_Wars_tee_v2_0_needs_critiques_plz/
    153 weeks ago
    Ad a tassel, the take my money, d*mn it!
    153 weeks ago
    AlphaHotel said: Ad a tassel, then take my money, d*mn it!
    153 weeks ago
    fezshirtb-1.png

Made the colors a bit more subdued, added a tassel, changed the year, and brought everything a little closer together. (A quick trip to the DW wikia says it was 1996 when Amy visited the museum.) I'm not quite sure on the bottom font, though.

Any thoughts? And thanks for the feedback so far, guys!
    153 weeks ago
    I don't know if you got the tassel right, looks kind of ratty. Great idea though!
    153 weeks ago
    I based it on a reference picture, but I think you've got a point- It's the Doctor, after all. He'd want to dress up fezzes as much as possible. 8)
    153 weeks ago
    Also, just a thought, how about Smith & Jones's Fez Co, or Smith & Pond's?
    153 weeks ago
    Odinsravens said: Also, just a thought, how about Smith & Jones's Fez Co, or Smith & Pond's?

I second Smith&Pond's Fez Co.
    Also, still like the idea of adding in bowties.
    152 weeks ago
    Can I third the Smith & Pond's idea? Either way though this would be an insta-buy.
    152 weeks ago
    primus420 said: Fez needs a tassel.
    The one he wore in the episode didn't have a tassel.
    152 weeks ago
    georgesear7 said:
    primus420 said: Fez needs a tassel.
    The one he wore in the episode didn't have a tassel.

It'd be different if it showed the fez on someone's head. Without a tassel, it kind of looks like an unused circus elephant stand.
    152 weeks ago
    Odinsravens said: I don't know if you got the tassel right, looks kind of ratty. Great idea though!

Tassles are like that, individual strings. They CAN look like that on a fez, but someone selling a fez would make them look tidier.

I know the rules say not to mention other t-shirt design companies here, but I think I'm alright if I show you a Buy-A-Fez website, so you can see a lot of (cool) fezzes displayed as a fez salesman would display them. TeeFury's not thinking of selling fezzes yet, right?!?
    152 weeks ago
    omg. i want this. now.
    152 weeks ago
    fezshirtc.png

I've tried to follow the great ideas you guys have had- and I've somehow managed to go more old-fashioned with the style of it. What do you guys think?
    152 weeks ago
    fun design, but I think we have been overloaded with Dr. Who shirts lately.
    152 weeks ago
    True, but I remember reading somewhere Teefury plans their shirts out 6-8 weeks in advance, so maybe they'll have spaced the designs out by then?
    152 weeks ago
    never know. I would just love feedback on one of my designs lol. accepted or not.