Back to forum
rss 153 weeks ago
So I went to a comic convention this weekend and it shared the convention hall with a gun show. I blame the influence of the two and a little fast food on this design. To be done in white castle colors so hopefully it would take a second to register. Comments and critiques welcome.

Thanks!

Filthy

Photobucket
34Comments
    153 weeks ago
    I'm assuming this is a Punisher reference. Looking at the design, I can't tell. There really isn't any way to connect it to Punisher unless you know him through the comics or movies. Just my opinion. I mean no offense in this. Just trying to offer constructive criticism. Maybe put a Punisher skull on the castle to connect it for people who aren't as familiar with the character?
    153 weeks ago
    Lol. A skull might be a good idea, but I worry that it would detract from the White-Castle-ness.

...Never thought I would worry about something being less white-castly.
    153 weeks ago
    zseeker1115 said: I'm assuming this is a Punisher reference. Looking at the design, I can't tell. There really isn't any way to connect it to Punisher unless you know him through the comics or movies. Just my opinion. I mean no offense in this. Just trying to offer constructive criticism. Maybe put a Punisher skull on the castle to connect it for people who aren't as familiar with the character?

Thx for the great feedback and for being so pleasant about it too. It tells me that I need to tighten up the art I was trying to show bullets in the background roughly in the shape of the castle. I will try a version with the skull too. Will post later tonight.
    153 weeks ago
    Odinsravens said: Lol. A skull might be a good idea, but I worry that it would detract from the White-Castle-ness.

...Never thought I would worry about something being less white-castly.

Too many sliders can be punishing:P Im gonna try a skull option too.
    153 weeks ago
    Definitely would have to be on black shirt to maintain the punisher-ness of it. I like the concept..Im a punisher fan...at least the older comics anyway and as much as I like it something is nagging at the back of my brain that I just can't place, that there should be 1 more element to it...probably just me, but yeah on black id probably buy it.
    153 weeks ago
    Wish there was an edit...sorry...but yeah I definitely think the punisher skull needs to be there, its the most distinguishable aspect of his character
    153 weeks ago
    You could do "Frank Castle Gray-Skull", that way you could have both the castle and the punisher skull referenced as well
    153 weeks ago
    Do the punisher skull behind the text, and make the castle more white castle themed. Boom
    153 weeks ago
    cool love the bullets and the typo. About the punisher skull. You can use is below your design but not full. Maybe just nose and teeth part can be shown below the bullet/castle thing.
    153 weeks ago
    Thx for all the awesome feedback! here is a version with the skull, pls keep in mind the lettering is rough right now.
    Photobucket
    153 weeks ago
    I think I need to add a drop shadow to the bottom.
    153 weeks ago
    TheSaint08D said: Wish there was an edit...sorry...but yeah I definitely think the punisher skull needs to be there, its the most distinguishable aspect of his character

at first I thought bullets were the way to go but now I think the skull was deff the way to go thx!
    153 weeks ago
    Cbibbo1025 said: You could do "Frank Castle Gray-Skull", that way you could have both the castle and the punisher skull referenced as well

maybe heman with a greyskull painted on his chest hmmmm.
    153 weeks ago
    KonClueZhen said: Do the punisher skull behind the text, and make the castle more white castle themed. Boom

done and done.
    153 weeks ago
    MEKAZOO said: cool love the bullets and the typo. About the punisher skull. You can use is below your design but not full. Maybe just nose and teeth part can be shown below the bullet/castle thing.

i added the eyes too so it reads as a skull hopefully.
    153 weeks ago
    My pal Bill just came up with a great tagline
    "Hungry for Vengence"
    153 weeks ago
    well the castle already builds skull teeth why not trying to do the skull inversed?
    153 weeks ago
    Here you go mekazoo
    Photobucket
    153 weeks ago
    MEKAZOO said: well the castle already builds skull teeth why not trying to do the skull inversed?

flipp ed
    153 weeks ago
    haha not that easy man try to use the 3d effect of the white castle logo. Try to stylize the skull and maybe you can do the eyes and the nose by using the typography elements.
    153 weeks ago
    Awesome. I saw the sketch & LOLed.

I prefer the right-side-up skull hands-down, but if you want to mimic the look of the White Castle logo, maybe give him some kind of crown?

OR--

Restructure the design so that it more closely resembles Frank's symbol, i.e. w/ the really long teeth, and then you can use some of that space for the actual "FRANK CASTLE" words. So the eyes/nose/top edge of the teeth are all above the text.
    153 weeks ago
    Filthyrich said: My pal Bill just came up with a great tagline

"Hungry for Vengence"

Hah thats smuuuuuurf good
    153 weeks ago
    MEKAZOO said: haha not that easy man try to use the 3d effect of the white castle logo. Try to stylize the skull and maybe you can do the eyes and the nose by using the typography elements.

I think I'm gonna shy away from messing with the font too much. I did a couple sketches and think right side up work a bit better. although I will try the more dimention treatment on the teeth later. thx!
    153 weeks ago
    TheSaint08D said:
    Filthyrich said: My pal Bill just came up with a great tagline

"Hungry for Vengence"

Hah thats smuuuuuurf good

When this is ready to submit I'm definitely gonna use that as the title:)
    153 weeks ago
    Lexavian said: Awesome. I saw the sketch & LOLed.

I prefer the right-side-up skull hands-down, but if you want to mimic the look of the White Castle logo, maybe give him some kind of crown?

OR--

Restructure the design so that it more closely resembles Frank's symbol, i.e. w/ the really long teeth, and then you can use some of that space for the actual "FRANK CASTLE" words. So the eyes/nose/top edge of the teeth are all above the text.

Thanks a bunch Lexavian! I'm gonna avoid the crown cuz of the BK overlap but I really like the long teeth with centered logo. gonna try that over the weekend.
  • Load More Comments