Back to forum
rss 168 weeks ago
Hi there,

here's two designs I submitted. Just wanna know: do you like them? yes, no ... and if not: what's wrong with them?

also I need to know: should I include the "broadcast live from the past" part on the actual FutureDharma-shirt or rather not? I think it's exactly what these two shows (Lost & Futurama that is) are about: messing up space time. but I'm not sure whether it works on a shirt or not.

Here we go:

WTF?! (Alice in Wonderland / 60s psychedelic posters inspired)

FUTURE DHARMA (LOST / FUTURAMA mash-up)
thanks for looking

*back to work*

90Comments
    167 weeks ago
    nothing? ummm ... okay, here's something I've been working on today. still needs a few tweaks and there's some cleanin' up to do, but basically that's it

recognizable? print-worthy? suggestions?

ATEAM_vorab.jpg

and there they are: John 'Hannibal' Locke - Hurl A. - JackFace and Howlin' Mad Faraday ...
    ATEAM_vorab2.jpg

working on something Evil Dead related now ...
    167 weeks ago
    I haven't really got into lost but cool design. I know people have been wanting more lost designs. I'm interested in your evil dead design and I like the rabbit one.
    167 weeks ago
    LOVE Futuredarma and A-Team/Lost crossover!! Wonderous stuff...
    167 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: nothing? ummm ... okay, here's something I've been working on today. still needs a few tweaks and there's some cleanin' up to do, but basically that's it

recognizable? print-worthy? suggestions?

ATEAM_vorab.jpg

and there they are: John 'Hannibal' Locke - Hurl A. - JackFace and Howlin' Mad Faraday ...
    ATEAM_vorab2.jpg

working on something Evil Dead related now ...

This NEEDS to be printed. Easily the greatest design I've ever seen. Submit it this instant!
    167 weeks ago
    AlphaHotel said:
    This NEEDS to be printed. Easily the greatest design I've ever seen. Submit it this instant!

don't worry - I'm on it :D

thanks for the nice welcome everyone, these are my first designs for teefury ... as you may or may have not noticed, I'm a sucker for LOST ... so maybe there will be one or two more LOST-related designs in the future.

right now it's all Ash & The Army of Darkness ... and at least 3 other, non LOST-designs I have in mind (aka. my sketchbook)
    167 weeks ago
    I am not a Lost fan, but smuuuuuurf do I respect that crossover.
    167 weeks ago
    all right ,,, I submitted it.

A-team_teefury.jpg

and now for something slightly different ...
    167 weeks ago
    I've never watched lost and even I want the A-Team shirt.
    167 weeks ago
    Matt_Dearden said: I've never watched lost and even I want the A-Team shirt.

thank you, it's really appreciated ( especially coming from a successful teefury artist like you )
    167 weeks ago
    a CPT. MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE design I'm currently working on. You guys think it's worth pursuing this idea for a shirt? does work or is does only make sense in my head?

Photobucket
    (just a sketch ... the basics so to speak. Dewy (Wash) still hasn't got any legs and Reese (Jayne) is still blind)

will contain a "Cpt. Malcolm in the Middle" banner written in typical Firefly logo font ...

also ... I haven't heard back from teefury yet, how long does it usually take until a design is either chosen or rejected?
    167 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: a CPT. MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE design I'm currently working on. You guys think it's worth pursuing this idea for a shirt? does work or is does only make sense in my head?

Photobucket

(just a sketch ... the basics so to speak. Dewy (Wash) still hasn't got any legs and Reese (Jayne) is still blind)

will contain a "Cpt. Malcolm in the Middle" banner written in typical Firefly logo font ...

also ... I haven't heard back from teefury yet, how long does it usually take until a design is either chosen or rejected?

I really like this idea, but I think you got the nose wrong on Cpt. Reynolds wrong. Nathan Fillion's nose is more slender, less pronounced.

167 weeks ago
    yeah, you're right. thanks
    like I said: it's more or less just a doodle-ish think directly from my sketchbook ... sketched with a MitM DVD cover and an episode of Firefly on my screen. I kinda started actually watching the show after a while ...
    167 weeks ago
    ooooh I like the idea. work on the captains face a bit if you can. The firefly and dinos Wash is playing with DEFINITELY sell it for me awesome and original idea...so yes please.
    167 weeks ago
    okay, I re-worked Mal's nose ... and gave him a more Malcolm-y shirt (shirt's gonna have a Serenity chinese symbols logo on it later).

dayum, I wish I could work in this the whole weekend, but I gotta leave for the jerkwater town I grew up in to attend a funeral. I don't like funerals.

CPT. MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE (linework)
    Photobucket

165 weeks ago
    okay ... tried to get into illustrator, now I'm in the middle of producing this (WIP!!!) ...

Photobucket

the playing cards are going to have a backside of course, not sure what this is going to be. the card played will display a dead dove in typical poker card style (to make it very clear that these are playing cards ... you know: Magic! "Pick a card ... not that one ... not that one either-") Guess there's be a few coffee beans scattered about as well ...

not sure what to do with the "Bluth seal of approval". it's a neat idea, but I'm not sure where to put it or whether to just drop it.

suggestions please?
    165 weeks ago
    Just wanted to give you kudos for your style. The caricatures look nice and crisp (I like Wash from Firefly, especially). I've never seen an episode of Lost, so I'm not the person to tell you what's essential in any Lost design. But you have a gift. Keep it up.
    165 weeks ago
    'Loose seal' of approval. Then you get to keep the Loose Seal/Lucile joke :)
    165 weeks ago
    I'm waiting on the A-Team tee!
    165 weeks ago
    dmacias said: I'm waiting on the A-Team tee!
    so am I, but no feedback yet

@Matt: nice idea, I forgot about Lucille :D

oh, btw: there's another question I have. The "6 colours" the design is limited ... does that include the shirt colour or is it 6 + shirt colour? in case it's actually just 5 colours in the actual print, I may have to think about using half tones for the A-Team shirt ... I guess I replace the dark grey with dotted black, if necessary
    165 weeks ago
    Love the Capt. Malcolm art. It would really make a great tee-shirt. I think you should continue working on that one.
    165 weeks ago
    Not a big fan of futurama, but the shirt looks great. A-team Lost looks great. The arrested development looks great. I am just not feeling Mal in the firefly shirt. Jane and Walsh look great.
    165 weeks ago
    6+ Shirt colour on a light tee. 5+ Underbase (eg. white) on a dark tee I think.
    165 weeks ago
    thanks everyone
    I'm still working on that Firefly design, no worries

thanks Matt, very useful information ...
    so ... if white is already on the tee (like the A-Team shirt, there's white on it) ... there wouldn't have to be another underbase colour I presume ...it would just be

white (in visible print & as underbase)
    black
    dark grey
    red
    skin tone
    yellow

=

6 colours

okay then ... back to work

165 weeks ago
    For the Mal design, I think I liked the suspenders better. Maybe put them over a button-down? I love that design, and the look on Wash's face as he defends his toys from big bad Jayne! Great job, I can't wait to see it fleshed out.
    165 weeks ago
    okay, still working on that one ...

and I just submitted that one. GOBiAS coffee
    "He takes his queen and showers her with diamonds"
    I just realized that this quote kinda relates to Tobias in that awful diamond body lotion ... I a really TobiasFunke way

gotta love the GOB and Mr. Fünke

Photobucket

no idea if it actually came through tho ... somehow teefury seems to bug out a bit and instead of the usual freindly "thanks for submitting" message I got ... nothing
  • Load More Comments