Back to forum
rss 168 weeks ago
Hi guys,

I posted a new T-shirt idea last week (the Zombie Exit one if you saw it) and thanks to the comments that post generated I ended up creating a new design based on the computer games Left 4 Dead and Portal, so I thought I'd upload it here in a separate post. ...And to find out if anyone had any thoughts for a better name for it than Left 4 Portal?

Left 4 Portal
17Comments
    168 weeks ago
    Well I don't think that image worked so fingers crossed this one does:

Left 4 Portal
    168 weeks ago
    left-4-portal-overthere-submission_mhb_500.jpg
    168 weeks ago
    tumblr_lkdx2oL58S1qgjev0o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1304516809&Signature=%2F9DrtTaSCmEQ%2FbC4dIyhxqG9qPo%3D
    168 weeks ago
    Fiiiiinally!
    168 weeks ago
    I want this on a messenger bag!
    168 weeks ago
    doesnt seem like the image worked >_
    168 weeks ago
    Yeah sorry about that, it didn't work the first 3 times, then it did for about 2 days, now it's gone again :/ Fingers crossed this one works...

(By the way it shows the image on the Live Preview when I type it up so any ideas why it sometimes disappears when I submit the comment?)

Left 4 Portal
    168 weeks ago
    Oh and I've fiiiiinally come up with a name for the design: In The Event Of Zombies Use Portals. (A play on 'In the event of fire use stairs')

left-4-portal-overthere-submission_mhb_500.jpg
    168 weeks ago
    tumblr_lkdx2oL58S1qgjev0o1_500.jpg
    168 weeks ago
    ...Who wants to bet this image disappears in a day or two like the others did. Anyway, here is the Left 4 Dead crossed with Portal design, now called 'In The Event Of Zombies Use Portals'
    167 weeks ago
    I wanna see an orange portal!
    167 weeks ago
    I don't get Left 4 Dead from the design. Just looks like any ol' zombie chasing a guy into a Portal.
    167 weeks ago
    TedDastickJr said: I don't get Left 4 Dead from the design. Just looks like any ol' zombie chasing a guy into a Portal.

agreed...

if you want to incorporate something L4D then at least possibly make a Tank or a Hunter chasing the guy through the portal as they'd be somewhat recognizable. This...is just a standard zombie.
    167 weeks ago
    Thanks for the comments guys, I've recently renamed the design (check comments above, it's called In The Event Of Zombies Use Portals) so there isn't a link with Left 4 Dead any more and it is just a generic Zombie.

Here's how the Left 4 Dead connection came about in the first place though: Someone saw my Zombie Exit design (below) and said that it reminded them of Left 4 Dead and Portal (and there is a kind of link between the games because they are produced by the same company) so I created this new design and lazily just described it as a Left 4 Dead / Portal mash-up. I hope people do like the new name though.

tumblr_lk82n71agE1qgjev0o1_500.jpg
    167 weeks ago
    I like the design but I think it'd help if you could add blood to the zombie.
    167 weeks ago
    Thanks, I'll try that and see what it looks like
    167 weeks ago
    Omg have the back the orange portal with the exit door right by it. An awesome refernce to your other design.