Back to forum
rss 168 weeks ago
Hey guys, do I have too many colors? Does black count?

Photobucket

8Comments
    168 weeks ago
    I'm pretty sure they have a maximum limit of 6 colours, and I'm not too sure if the air brushed tone will work with screen printing.
    168 weeks ago
    Fixed:

Photobucket

I'd better wait to submit it, though. Wouldn't want them to think I'm spamming.
    168 weeks ago
    Wow, it's the same design but it looks so much better with the flat colors.
    168 weeks ago
    I wrote this nice long critique for your design and then I logged back in to see that everything I was touching on in my critique, well, you fixed. :)

So instead I will just tell you that I like the dark color palette, theme, and especially the unique art deco look that isn't seen on shirts very often at all. I'm super psyched to see a BtVS design on here and Mr. Pointy at that! The art deco look is out of the ordinary and really drew me in. I don't think I've seen anything like it anywhere else, though, when I think about it, why the frame? Does it have a connection to a certain Buffy episode I'm not remembering or is it just there to emphasize the stake?

In case my exuberance for your design isn't clear enough, I'd definitely buy this and I hope it's printed. :D
    168 weeks ago
    primus420 said: Wow, it's the same design but it looks so much better with the flat colors.
    I was thinking the same exact thing haha
    168 weeks ago
    CrashKas said: I wrote this nice long critique for your design and then I logged back in to see that everything I was touching on in my critique, well, you fixed. :)

So instead I will just tell you that I like the dark color palette, theme, and especially the unique art deco look that isn't seen on shirts very often at all. I'm super psyched to see a BtVS design on here and Mr. Pointy at that! The art deco look is out of the ordinary and really drew me in. I don't think I've seen anything like it anywhere else, though, when I think about it, why the frame? Does it have a connection to a certain Buffy episode I'm not remembering or is it just there to emphasize the stake?

In case my exuberance for your design isn't clear enough, I'd definitely buy this and I hope it's printed. :D

Thank you so much! I'm a huge art nouveau fan and I owe this color palette to Mucha. The frame is just based on old advertisements - I miss that presentation. No Buffy reference there! :)

I actually know the friend of the propmaster who has the original Mr. Pointy, as well as her weapons chest. I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make them mine!!
    168 weeks ago
    This looks much better : )
    168 weeks ago
    Love version 2! I've been hoping a Buffy shirt would happen so I wish you the best of luck! Hope it's on that teal too!