Back to forum
rss 156 weeks ago
Hi Fuzzy, I dunno if you remember but I asked you for a tattoo artist referral a while back. Well, after Christmas I finally decided to get it done. I've been in contact with an artist at Studio Tattoo Mania in Montreal since January. Suffice to say it has been a harrowing experience... and now I need another referral. Preferably in the states, trying to coordinate with someone who doesn't check email much over email is not so fun. I'd go 3 hours from central Vermont (Randolph area), so Boston is in there... just sayin. I have no idea if there are any good artists in Boston. Thanks hon, I'll be sure to post pics when I finally get it.
10Comments
    156 weeks ago
    Forgot to mention that Albany is also a possibility, as they are 3 hours from me as well.
    155 weeks ago
    Hmm, does Fuzzy not come around these parts anymore?
    155 weeks ago
    Sorry!!!! Been feeling under the weather. Dang. 6 days! My bad!
    Lemme read this and I'll post in a few minutes!!!!

155 weeks ago
    Oh my god. I'm sorry to hear about this.
    Well you're in great luck.

One of my best friends who moved away quite a while ago lives in Boston and is a FANTASTIC tattoo artist. His name is John Meredith and he works at Chameleon Tattoo in Cambridge, Massachusetts, located in the heart of Harvard Square.

Here is his portfolio. I can't wait till he comes back to Kalamazoo! or, I get to visit Boston again! He wants to do work on my skull! Yay!!!!!

John Meredith

I'm so sorry to hear about the smurf from the other place. I looked around and tried to find you a great artist, I had no idea he wasn't a great person. *sigh* I hate it when that happens.

John is both a great person and a great artist. Tell him I sent you. David Essex.
    155 weeks ago
    Hey I no a few tattoo artists new hampshire cape cod let me no
    155 weeks ago
    A friend of mine's getting a sleeve done, with 3 koi fish and some wicked waves and lotuses and stuff. The fishes stand for him and his two kids and the lotus's his wife. Wattaman, man :)
    153 weeks ago
    No problem Fuzzy, it's not your fault. Just difficult to communicate without being able to call them (since they're in Canada). I will def look up your friend in Boston!
    152 weeks ago
    Man. it's hard to find the forums here!!!! I'm sorry I haven't been back in a while!
    Yes. Please do look up John if you do get over there!

@Tuism. Good to see you Tu! Hope all is going well!
    152 weeks ago
    @Vinyl.
    What's their website?
    152 weeks ago
    Ok, so I figure I'll try to steal some of Fuzzy's advice as well. I'm looking for a good tattoo shop around Rochester, NY. Doing a bit of online research, I found some places that have nice looking work, like Love Hate, Lucky Lotus, and Extreme Graphix. However, as I'm new to tattoos (and I don't know anyone in the area to ask) I figured I'd see if you have any ideas..

Thanks! ^_^