Back to forum
rss 156 weeks ago
Hey guys, I've got a new design to show off. I know a lot of you have been waiting for a DBZ design so tell me what you think!

http://kerbywithane.com/cameron/images/wip/cameronkerbydbztee.jpg

Hit up the link for the full rez image.
35Comments
    156 weeks ago

I think this shirt is sick! I would Buy this for sure!

156 weeks ago
    Same, I want this.
    156 weeks ago
    Thanks guys!
    156 weeks ago
    thats awesome! i would so wear this
    156 weeks ago
    YES! I would wear this...
    something about the shirt being red sort of bothers me...maybe another color would be better? I don't have any in mind, but if you test around maybe you'll find a better color?
    Hm...
    but nice job!
    156 weeks ago
    Thanks duckyboy. I actually tried a few colors out. I sampled a lot of colors commonly used in dbz. Namec green, sky blue, goku's orange outfit. Red seemed to work the best in imo though. I typically wouldn't pick such a primary color, but it's what I found on the dbz logo. Easy fix if another color turns out to be better though.
    156 weeks ago
    duckyboy said: YES! I would wear this...

something about the shirt being red sort of bothers me...maybe another color would be better? I don't have any in mind, but if you test around maybe you'll find a better color?

Hm...

but nice job!
    I was thinking orange or blue would go with the whole goku theme.
    156 weeks ago
    Here's some color options! Blue and orange sampled straight from Goku.

http://kerbywithane.com/cameron/images/wip/cameronkerbydbztee_colors.jpg
    156 weeks ago
    I'm against the orange and red for some reason...the yellow just sort of blends in (it actually doesn't, but I feel like...it does? heh). I like the blue a lot but it's probably because I generally like shirts that have both lighter and darker colors.
    156 weeks ago
    Orange and green are both one step away from yellow, which the design has a lot of. (Those two do kind of blend in with the yellow)

Blue is just too cliche for my taste. It makes sense because yellow and blue compliment each other, but it just isn't vibrant enough for me. Plus, for some reason it doesn't look like dbz to me like the red does.
    156 weeks ago
    HitmonDavis said: Orange and green are both one step away from yellow, which the design has a lot of. (Those two do kind of blend in with the yellow)

Blue is just too cliche for my taste. It makes sense because yellow and blue compliment each other, but it just isn't vibrant enough for me. Plus, for some reason it doesn't look like dbz to me like the red does.
    Yeah i see what you mean. Red does seem the most dbz-like for this
    156 weeks ago
    Love it, would buy as is!
    156 weeks ago
    Thanks for the support fellas. Hopefully you'll all be wearing one eventually :)
    156 weeks ago
    Personally I think orange would look fantastic since that's the color Goku's gi usually is in the anime, but red is a great shirt color in general. You can't really lose either way! I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan so I'll make sure to buy multiples if it's printed!

One suggestion, I think the yellow you chose for the Super Saiyan hair is a little bright. I always liked it more white blonde, like in this pic:
    gokusupersaiyanvscooler.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    156 weeks ago
    Thanks Scafl! I guess the shirt color is still up for debate :D I actually favor the lighter blonde as well, but there are a few reasons I went with the yellow:

DBZ isn't known for consistency, but generally that blonde is only shown with ssj2, ascended saiyan, and "at rest" saiyan. I thought about using it for ssj2, but it would have looked weird with different yellows. Also, I think the more saturated yellow works with the simple/cartoony style I gave this design.
    155 weeks ago
    I'm going to shamefully bump this again. I'll stop...eventually :/
    155 weeks ago
    Odd question, but how do you get your design on a shirt like you have it. Like for an example for people to see how it would look like if it was on a shirt.
    Do you just do it yourself in photoshop or somethin?

Sorry for the dumb question, haha.
    155 weeks ago
    I agree with you about the brighter yellow probably being a lot more recognizable in general.

There's one other thing I love about this design; it assumes Dragon Ball GT doesn't exist!

*audience laughter*
    155 weeks ago
    I would buy this shirt, do doubt.
    155 weeks ago
    Gremlins said: Odd question, but how do you get your design on a shirt like you have it. Like for an example for people to see how it would look like if it was on a shirt.

Do you just do it yourself in photoshop or somethin?

Sorry for the dumb question, haha.

It's actually the template you can get from anothersite. Shhhhh :)

http://www.anothersite.com/submit
    155 weeks ago
    Lol it changes the name when you put it! That's awesome. Well, you're probably familiar with the website. It's a tee site and it has "no threads."

Scafl, you'll probably enjoy my description I put in for the shirt. The title is "Original Super Saiyan 4."
    155 weeks ago
    I can't wait to read it! ;)

You have any more designs lined up?
    155 weeks ago
    Personally I think the orange works the best. I would consider buying it if it were in orange, and I know a guy who would buy like ten.
    155 weeks ago
    freaking hysterical and i'm not even really into dbz.
    155 weeks ago
    Odinsravens said: Personally I think the orange works the best. I would consider buying it if it were in orange, and I know a guy who would buy like ten.
    I'm in the same boat as your friend! First DBZ tee on TeeFury, wouldn't miss that for the world...
  • Load More Comments