Back to forum
rss 156 weeks ago
Hey I'm new to T-shirt designing so I wanted to know what are some good techniques to use? Also, should I draw out my designs then scan them in or do it all on the computer? And could you link me to some of your favorite tutorials?
4Comments
    156 weeks ago
    A tutorials link would be great. And oh yeah; bump!
    You should check out T-shirt forums.com. There's alot of info to be had there. (and you don't have to wade through dozens of requests for trades).
    156 weeks ago
    Here is a collection of tutorials and tips I found a couple days ago via Megan Lara's facebook art page that you might find useful. Another great video I just watched this morning is Walmazan's T-shirt Design Process Tutorial via MJ's awesome tee blog compete-tee-tion.com.

Best of luck in you design ventures!
    156 weeks ago
    Whether you should draw by hand and scan or draw digitally is entirely up to personal preference, but I personally have a hell of a time drawing stuff with a mouse, and cleaning up scanned stuff can be tedious as well... If I had a tablet both problems would be solved, but they cost a little too much for me...
    156 weeks ago
    Tablets can be a get pricey, but they are so worth it! They usually pay for themselves pretty quick whether it's in designs sold or time saved (or fun that you've had!). You can get the Bamboo Pen tablet for $69 which is truly a great price and it has just what you need to get started making quality designs.

I, myself, use the Intuos4 Wireless which is $400. It's a bit bigger than the Bamboo tablets, but depending on how you draw that's not necessarily a good or bad thing. It also has customizable buttons for creating easy access hot keys. I think the pressure sensitivity of the Intuos tablets is about twice as much as the Bamboo tablets, but I've used both types and each performs awesomely.

Sorry, I know that wasn't exactly a tutorial, but I seriously love my tablet and would recommend one to any designer! Go Team Wacom! lol