Back to forum
rss 157 weeks ago
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on teefury, but I absolutely love this site. I can hardly wait to see what is coming up each day.

I've decided that I want to start trying to design tees, but I hope to get a little advice and have a thousand and one questions to ask. I've tried searching for some of the answers in the forum, but don't know if I'm putting in the right keywords, so forgive me if any of these have been asked before.

1. Does anyone on here use inkscape, gimp, or any free programs to design with? I downloaded inkscape and gimp, but I got a Wacom Intuos tablet and got Autodesk and Corel sketchbooks with it so I have those 4. I would love to get Photoshop and Illustrator, but they are a bit steep.

2. Are there any designers on here without formal education in art and design, and if so, how did you all learn? I have no formal training other than one art class in college about 15 years ago, so any guidance is appreciated.

3. How long does it take most people to design a shirt? Do you start out with pencil and a sketchpad, or do you do it all on the computer? I just sketched my design out, scanned it, then lined and colored it in inkscape. Is there an easier process?

Thanks in advance for the help. Here is my first ever digital drawing, so I would appreciate any feedback whatsoever (what I should change, what I need to work on in my art, etc.)

Thanks again,

Shane

Photobucket
0Comments