Back to forum
rss 170 weeks ago

This design references the Simon and Garfunkel Song, "Mrs. Robinson." What do you think of it? Would you like it on a shirt? I would really appreciate any advice, criticisms, etc. you may have!
13Comments
    170 weeks ago
    shouldn't Mrs Robsinson be...I dunno...MILFier?
    170 weeks ago
    Um... I don't want to expose my stupidity, but what do you mean by that?
    170 weeks ago
    It was used in the film 'The Graduate' and is therefore been associated with other women seducing young men.

170 weeks ago
    Gah, spelling.

It was used in the film 'The Graduate' and is therefore associated with older women seducing young men.
    170 weeks ago
    I'm not really familiar with "The Graduate," only the song. Do you think the design works as it is, regardless of what the movie contains, or do you think it needs changing (or trashing).
    170 weeks ago
    I think when most people read 'Mrs Robinson' they will assume it refers to the film. I would.
    170 weeks ago
    I immediately thought of the Simon and garfunkel song when I saw the design.
    170 weeks ago
    The song is tied so closely with that movie, it is nearly impossible to separate the two. Yes, when I think of "Mrs. Robinson," I first think of the song, but whenever I think of that song, I think of that movie.
    170 weeks ago
    She def needs to be MILF'd up.
    170 weeks ago
    The song was written for the movie, and you have to see the movie to understand what the song is about. If the woman in your design is supposed to be the character of Mrs. Robinson, she needs to be as beautiful as Anne Bancroft (the actress who plays Mrs. Robinson) is in The Graduate. She's not an old lady, she's a mother who seduces a man younger than she is. If you watch the movie (a classic) I think you'll get it. Good luck!
    170 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the advice!
    170 weeks ago
    I love Simon and Garfunkel, and I totally got that reference. (I've never seen The Graduate) But I think the bottom ribbon should say something more along the lines of "you've got to hide them from the kids" or something. because "Coo coo Ca-Choo" is now a reference inside a reference when used this way. Or maybe I'm over-thinking it.

Nevertheless, I'd totally buy this on a shirt if she was MILFier.
    170 weeks ago
    Ben Yes Schwartz said: She def needs to be MILF'd up.

I agree....Cougar/MILF that chick up and it would be great.