Back to forum
rss 282 weeks ago
I guess they already changed to American Apparel shirts??

Shouldn't there have been an announcement?

Because I recently got the "Silent" shirt by Olechka, and it was printed on a AA shirt, at least it seems so since it is exactly like my Woot shirts, i.e. incredibly too small for the size listed (and shrinks even smaller).

I order all my Woot shirts in XXL, and (ALstyle) TeeFury shirts in XL, for this reason.

But behold my latest mailing from TeeFury:

Despite the obvious size difference, do also note the side-seam.

Yeah... can't wear that now can I?
Well I guess I could if I wanted to look like a smurf trying to show off my guns.

I emailed them last night... no reply as of yet.

Oh.
The humanity.
24Comments
    282 weeks ago
    BTW the shirt behind it is "Current" by JonJon on the good type of TeeFury shirt.
    282 weeks ago
    TeeFury is not printing on American Apparel. In addition to the fact that they would announce it, the price would also have to go up because AA is more expensive than Alstyle.

Whatever issue happened with that shirt in particular will be resolved by TeeFury's customer service. My guess is that either there's some variation in shirt size on Alstyle's end (this happens with all shirts) or that this particular shirt was tagged incorrectly.
    282 weeks ago
    Yeah, given the fact that there are two tags (abnormal, right?) it could just be a defective one.
    282 weeks ago
    I got my "Silent" (by Flying Mouse, btw) and it is Alstyle. Mine only has one tag.. Maybe yours is lucky!
    282 weeks ago
    am i the only person that sees there are two tags because there are two shirts? that this person was showing tag labels being the same size though they obviously arent? wow

anyway my guess its that one got labled wrong, like one is a WXL and one is a MXL.
    282 weeks ago
    I thought it was two shirts and then got confused by other comments.. oh well. I'm still wondering why the sudden jump of thinking is was printed on AA.
    282 weeks ago
    Yes I am showing that the one in back is an ALStyle XL, and the one I got was also tagged XL, but is obviously not ALStyle.

I don't know if it's a Woman's XL, it doesn't have short enough sleeves for that right??

But certainly, my invoice says:
    Order Summary
    1 Silent MENS SIZE XL

And yeah "Silent" is by Flying Mouse.. guess I got mixed up on thedeadbird.
    282 weeks ago
    It looks like it was printed on AA because it looks like all my other AA shirts, except not XXL like I order those in.
    282 weeks ago
    um but does it FEEL like AA?
    cause they are SIGNIFICANTLY thinner.
    i would bet money its a WXL tagged wrong.
    but hey its hard to say if you cant tell the difference in texture from an AA to an Alstyle.
    282 weeks ago
    I received a medium "Into the Wild" by Shibbiy that did not match with the other mediums I previously ordered and received. Might be a mis-tag - or the occasional non standard tee sizing...
    282 weeks ago
    womens would definitely have those little short sleeves.. and it doesn't..

why has jimiyo or wotto not commented this?

they could be hiding something...

it's practically watergate.
    282 weeks ago
    mj commented and she is a curator as well. too bad she isnt more assertive or you would have known that huh?

*ill get her out of her shell one of these days BWAHAHAHAHA*
    282 weeks ago
    Definitely not a womens XL...they are shaped completely different. My "jellybot" tee is sort of like this. The seams are way off and sizing is weird...oh well.
    282 weeks ago
    well... uhh... uhhmmm... *stutters*

IT STILL DOESNT HAVE THE BABY SLEEVES!

(lame.)
    282 weeks ago
    Yes the material is thin just like my Woot tees.

I don't find this to be a problem, just the length is problematic for me.

Also I prefer not to have a side-seam.
    282 weeks ago
    What I want to know is, have you contacted customer service about this? My personal feeling is that you got a mislabled shirt or it was just a "bad apple" of the lot. Customer Service is quite awesome so I suggest you contact them about this.
    282 weeks ago
    It's a WXL.
    282 weeks ago
    I bet it's more like a Men's Small. The women's shirts have a very different cut than the mens in Alstyle (which is why I love Alstyle).

I'm with snarkygal on this... have you contacted customer service? They're awesome and will help you out, I"m sure.
    282 weeks ago
    They certainly haven't switched tee companies, that's just sometimes the way AIstyle shirts are. I have quite a few Tee Fury shirts and some of them are just very different from the others and much more like AA shirts (which of course I prefer). As many people have said, if you are unhappy with your shirt contact customer service and I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as possible.
    282 weeks ago
    I received word from customer support.
    They used a shirt from Core, which is apparently another manufacturer.
    They say they are not going to use them again.
    They issued me a refund.

All is well.

The important snippet from the email follows:

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the inquiry. The core is another T-Shirt manufacturer just like American Apparel and ALstyle. We are not going to be using them again. We are only going to be using the ALstyle Tee. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Andrew

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Chris wrote:
    Thanks Andrew,

But I do have another question.

Exactly what are you talking about, "using a blank from the core"??

-=C=-

On Nov 18, 2008, at 4:55 PM, TEE FURY Service wrote:

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the post and email. We have not switched to AA. We had to use a blank from the core with that shirt. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Andrew
    282 weeks ago
    well that is good to know, thanks for posting that. im glad i was lucky enough to not get one of the other blanks! alstyle rocks and im glad to have actual confirmation that its going to stay that way.

if you did not have to return the ill fitting shirt i would suggest you become a member of the teetrade.org community. you will find someone that wants it and perhaps find one that fits better there.
    282 weeks ago
    To clarify what Pepper said, on teetrade.org, you can sell or trade your unwanted shirts. It is quite an awesome community. I recommend it to all the teefury community.
    282 weeks ago
    lol blu you are awesome.
    must be why you thought of creating that site huh?