Back to forum
rss 171 weeks ago
or is it too close to the real Pixar Characters?

I submitted a couple of weeks back but not heard anything, just thought you guys might have some ideas to improve it or anything ...

thanks everyone :D

36Comments
    171 weeks ago
    change fur to normal chewbacca color. make mike's skin color match han's and add a tuft of brown hair.
    171 weeks ago
    thanks, i'll give that a go, see how it looks, cheers for the comment :D
    171 weeks ago
    Nah, I disagree. I think it will be less easy to recognize Sulley at first glance if he's chewbacca colored, and that's what your eye is first drawn to. But, I would chewbacca him up a bit in some way, like maybe where Sulley has purple spots, put brown ones?

Anyway, I love the idea. I'd totally buy a shirt with this MashedPotato.
    171 weeks ago
    Love this idea. Two of my favorites. Wouldn't change a thing!!!
    171 weeks ago
    thanks guys, I did have thoughts about adding a bit of a wig on Mike but wasn't sure it needed it, as for the purple spots on Sulley, I kinda ran out of colours, ... I'll leave it as is for now tho', lets see what other people think too :D
    171 weeks ago
    Personally, I LOVE this design! 8^D I'm SO sad it wasn't accepted! X'(

I think a brown wig on "Han" would be a good idea. But I don't think you should change Mike or Sulley's color. I do agree you need to find a way to make Sulley more Chewbacca-ish though... Maybe give him a bowcaster...?
    171 weeks ago
    Thanks :D .. i'll have a doodle over the weekend I think, see if it comes out any better ... :D
    171 weeks ago
    You're welcome! Can't wait to see how it turns out! ;^)

Meanwhile, I shall pray that the Teefury gods look upon this design with greater favor! X^D
    171 weeks ago
    Leave the colors alone, add the crossbow to sully, add a tuff of hair to mike, and add the little girl as princess leia. Also if you want to do even more add a large facial portrait of the chameleon guy as darth vader in the background. Just my .02
    171 weeks ago
    thanks for the feedback ... what a good idea about adding Boo as Leia .. nice one .. not sure about adding vader .. we'll see, thanks again :D
    171 weeks ago
    I love it just the way it is.
    170 weeks ago
    i like it! the idea of boo as leia is cute as well, but it kinda disrupts the idea of the best friends with sully&mike/chewie&han

maybe try out a few of the suggestions and put up some of the altered designs so you can get some feedback
    170 weeks ago
    love it!
    170 weeks ago
    But, not to fond of the background color of red.
    170 weeks ago
    Gosh, I love it. Monster's Inc is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'd buy it even though I'm not such a fan of star wars.
    170 weeks ago
    Thanks Caitlin, Gremlins and Mrichhh, I' working on some small changes then i'll post it up here, thanks again :D
    170 weeks ago
    I love it as is.
    170 weeks ago
    So cute! I think adding the whole Boo as Leia idea would be fantastic!

I'd definitely buy it.

170 weeks ago
    thanks Aubs42 and Azzie :D
    170 weeks ago
    Your artistry is simply brilliant, it's a crime none of your work has been accepted yet... =(
    170 weeks ago
    Scafl said: Your artistry is simply brilliant, it's a crime none of your work has been accepted yet... =(

Thanks Scafl, one day, maybe, one day, I'll keep on trying :D
    170 weeks ago
    I was going to say that Mike's hand position on Sully is just a bit awkward, but now I see that's how Disney had it. Honestly it seems too close to the source, which I'm venturing to guess is a picture of the pair that I found just now googling "Mike Sulley Monsters Inc", only mirrored.
    170 weeks ago
    Caravaggio's Bones said: I was going to say that Mike's hand position on Sully is just a bit awkward, but now I see that's how Disney had it. Honestly it seems too close to the source, which I'm venturing to guess is a picture of the pair that I found just now googling "Mike Sulley Monsters Inc", only mirrored.
    I did base the drawing on that publicity still yes :D, found the pose while looking for reference and found that and the one of Han leaning on Chewie at the same time only mirrored :D ...
    170 weeks ago
    Really super awesome. I'd buy and wear that shirt every day.
    170 weeks ago
    I know it's been mentioned, but his hand is just a tad too close to his crotch
  • Load More Comments