Back to forum
rss 158 weeks ago
Just wanted some opinions on my most recent submission. I think it's in the vein of things that teefurians normally shoot for. :)

Photobucket

I'm still not the most competent artist (at least on my laptop), so I know it's not superb, but just for the idea. Anything that you would have done differently? Anything you'd like to see?
5Comments
    157 weeks ago
    Yeah, the art is not superb. And i think having the bright red and yellow detracts a bit from the skull, as it's supposed to be the focus. I think the design of the skull is a bit too busy as well, maybe try it with less lines, and the top of the skull is too circular.

Maybe try re-designing the skull and toning down the colours a bit.
    157 weeks ago
    Wasn't there a shirt like this? Maybe I'm mistaken, but it had a skull with glasses and a scar. Yellow on red. I don't know, this seems SUPER similar.
    157 weeks ago
    Sorry. If someone could go ahead and erase all those comments, here's midgerock's facebook image of the design that geekygryff is talking about:

166380_139409769449501_139406039449874_269406_2806191_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=139409769449501&set=a.139408976116247.27528.139406039449874&type=1
    152 weeks ago
    CaitlinNerd said: Yeah, the art is not superb. And i think having the bright red and yellow detracts a bit from the skull, as it's supposed to be the focus. I think the design of the skull is a bit too busy as well, maybe try it with less lines, and the top of the skull is too circular.

Maybe try re-designing the skull and toning down the colours a bit.

The skull (lines, roundness, etc) is based off of the Deadhead skull. Changing those things would make it a normal skull. Which wasn't the point lol...

Colors were house colors, but they could be toned down to more maroon and gold than red and yellow, I spose.

smurfs there's a similar design, but as I said, that was just a quick mash-up I did. Not just a harry potter skull :p

152 weeks ago
    Can't say I'm a fan. Diggin' the HP love though.