Back to forum
rss 172 weeks ago
I have been thinking about it, and it seems like this whole trading thing is run on the honor system. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it seems to me that the honor system doesn't work very well online. I mean, it seems like anyone could just go into a thread and say 'Yeah I have the shirt you want, let's trade" and never even have the supposed tee in-hand. Then they could just sit back and let the shirts roll in.

Has anyone here ever sent an item in a trade and not received the shirt they were supposed to get?

Freaks me out, man.
29Comments
    172 weeks ago
    i have only traded twice but so far so good.
    172 weeks ago
    I didn't from here, but I have been ripped off trying to buy the legend of pizza shirt on ebay. =\
    172 weeks ago
    I just sent off a shirt to be traded... lets see how it goes.
    172 weeks ago
    I had the same thought. Trying it this once. Hopefully, something comes back! Might just restore my faith in humanity. Maybe.
    172 weeks ago
    So far i'm 3 for 3 on trades. Well, 2 for 3, im stil waiting on teefury to ship out mystery science 3k.
    172 weeks ago
    I haven't had any trouble yet.
    172 weeks ago
    I've traded/bought twice from the forums and so far so good.
    172 weeks ago
    Sending out my first trade tomorrow. They are supposed to sent it out the same day. Hoping it all goes well & I get my Tusken Pride shirt. :D

Can't believe they wanted Just Under the Skin. I thought I'd never be able to trade that shirt.
    172 weeks ago
    Mailed my first trade today, bought a shirt from someone else 2 nights ago. Will post again with results.
    172 weeks ago
    Had my first trade on here, got the mail on Saturday. Super slick, easy, and happy trade.

Totally understand where you're coming from though. Internet culture is generally all sorts of shady lately.

Having a positive trade on here did make me feel a little warmer and fuzzier inside. I kind of wanted to send her a thank you card just for being an honest person.
    172 weeks ago
    I got 1 of the 3 I traded before I mailed shirts from my end.

I like to believe that most people are inherently good.
    That said, I would be much more reluctant to trade digital cameras or video game consoles or iPhones or something like that with random people in a forum online.
    172 weeks ago
    I'm just setting up two trades on here and both peeps sound genuine and really nice :) I did sell two from my last grab bag and one definitely got their tee, the second person maybe didn't due to postal issues but so far, everyone has been honest, pleasant and really great :) I like to hope that as we are all of the same ilk, i.e we all love cool, unique tees, we are probably all decent folk too. We should all be proud - we can all peacefully and decently exchange tees on trust - there are some shady types on the internet these days but I too like to believe that most people are inherently good :)) Hope you all get the tees you wanted :))
    172 weeks ago
    I'm just setting up two trades on here and both peeps sound genuine and really nice :) I did sell two from my last grab bag and one definitely got their tee, the second person maybe didn't due to postal issues but so far, everyone has been honest, pleasant and really great :) I like to hope that as we are all of the same ilk, i.e we all love cool, unique tees, we are probably all decent folk too. We should all be proud - we can all peacefully and decently exchange tees on trust - there are some shady types on the internet these days but I too like to believe that most people are inherently good :)) Hope you all get the tees you wanted :))
    172 weeks ago
    Wow sorry, clearly I was so over excited I needed to say it twice :)
    172 weeks ago
    its essential that both parties ship on the same day and get a delivery confirmation for the other party
    172 weeks ago
    I traded with two fine gents (tactacfox and Shoeby) and I received both shirts and sent their shirts same. In fact, I sent their shirts a day before they sent mine and I swear I got the shirt tactacfox sent me so fast that I thought the postal truck was a TARDIS with a functioning chameleon circuit.

I understand your plight but thus far, the TeeFury community seems to be full of stand-up people who love t-shirts. Just make sure their member date matches up with what shirt they are offering. If they've been a member since Feb 2011 yet mysteriously have shirts from before those of the last grab bag, they're most likely attempting to scam you.

172 weeks ago
    To be honest I really never thought of someone scamming me.I am a pretty skeptical person but I mean come on its just a tee shirt .You'd have to be pretty pathetic to scam someone for a shirt thats essentially only worth 10 dollars . Even if the trades arnt necessarily supervised and there isnt a system in place to stop people from hypothetically scamming another person ,this doesnt make peoples ethics go away.Anyways even if I havent been on this site for to long I have been able to observe that for the most part a lot of the people on this site seem like good people.
    172 weeks ago
    I'm now 2 for 2. Thanks primus420!
    172 weeks ago
    drjebus said: Mailed my first trade today, bought a shirt from someone else 2 nights ago. Will post again with results.

Sorry it's taking so long! I'm going to ship out tomorrow cause I've been busy :D

And like django5135 said, there's really no point in scamming someone out of 10 dollars...most of us seem to be pretty friendly!
    172 weeks ago
    Ive shipped out two shirts over the last 2 days, and am hoping to have my shirts coming shortly. It is only 10 dollars, but the feeling of being scammed and not getting the shirt you really wanted is what would be worse than the money gone.
    172 weeks ago
    ive done a few trades and its gone fine. ive only trade grab bag tees so i dont feel to bad if I lose $5-6 bux.

there was one where i never recieved the shirt (there a huge winter storm atm) but, the guy offered to reinburse me for it. in the end i didnt even ask him to send me the $ since i thought it was a standup thing to do to offer with me asking. call it good karma or whatever but im about receive the shirt i had wanted and never got in a new trade this week.
    172 weeks ago
    Just dropped off a shirt in the mail today & the other person was supposed to do the same thing. She was really nice. She gave me her phone number & I called her last night to see if we were still on. She seemed like a really nice person. Can't wait for my Tusken Raiders shirt to get here!
    172 weeks ago
    I'm 4 for 4 on trading.

I've traded with: LemonPyxie, Yost, Houseof8art, and Manolo. All 4 went down without any problems. Doing another trade this week.

I think for the most part, the "type" of people who shop and browses on this site, aren't the type of people who are shady mcsketchersons.

172 weeks ago
    tactacfox said: I'm now 2 for 2. Thanks primus420!

No, thank you. I first visited this site on the day of "Now That's a Hammer, Bro" in anticipation of the Who's and a look around the gallery made me kick myself for not being on here for "Count the Shadows." Now thanks to you, I have made up my mind to have no regrets.

Again, you're awesome.
    171 weeks ago
    I'm very happy with my trade. I got the tracking number today & my Tusken Pride should be here on Friday. :D I wish I could remember the username of the person I traded with. I would definitely trade with her again.
  • Load More Comments