Back to forum
rss 282 weeks ago
Hey guys, just want to get your opinions on this. Anything you want to tell me about the design is appreciated! I am working on figuring out what to add, how to stylize it, etc.

Here it is:

(Still playing with placement, not to mention the design in general.)

-bryce

33Comments
    282 weeks ago
    Also, I hope TeeFury is ok with me borrowing their template! If not, just let me know!
    282 weeks ago
    Here are two more color combos + a tree! Again, any opinions/critiques welcome and appreciated!

&

282 weeks ago
    Last post got messed up, here they are:

girrafealicious3xi8.jpg
    girrafealicious2gc2.jpg
    282 weeks ago
    It looks cute. Try to keep the number of colors down by finding ways to reuse them. For instance, on the bottom example, maybe make the tree the same green as the ground and make the hair on the giraffe blue but separate it with a white outline. I'd also add some nice clean diamond-like spots on the giraffe with the yellow.
    282 weeks ago
    Oh yeah, I was trying to keep it to 4/5 MAX. One thing I can/will do is, with the red horizon version, I can use the same red on the tongue, and it seems to work quite well. Then it is only 4. But I will try your hair idea to get it down to 3. The spots sound good as well, I was debating on that, as I want to keep it quite simple and cute, but I will surely post some revisions soon.

Thanks!
    282 weeks ago
    I love it with the tree. I like the brown better than the green. Very nice.
    282 weeks ago
    Thanks alot. Yeah, I think the tree is about what it needed.
    282 weeks ago
    maybe the sun should be a little darker... but I do like the idea with the spots on the giraffe..

but it's your design..

I trust your judegement.. I hope it get's printed...

also, I don't like white shirts.. So a different background would make it more amazing.
    282 weeks ago
    @crowface63 -- Thanks for the comments! I will be posting a few new revisions hopefully later today. I will see what other shirt colors I can find. ;)
    282 weeks ago
    I like the green hill one.. if that makes any sense..

but instead of a white shirt, maybe on a brighter colored shirt like red or orange or even brown would be more appealing to me.
    282 weeks ago
    Thanks! I am going to try it on some other shirt colors a bit later today. :)
    282 weeks ago
    also you are only using the gray for one thing...

so maybe you should think of more color options.
    282 weeks ago
    Hey guys, here is a an update to the design. Made some minor tweaks, didn't end up going with spots, as it seemed to busy to me.

girrafealicious4ev0.jpg
    Thanks!

-bryce

P.S. I'd like to hear from Jimiyo, Wotto, Layne, or any other curator I am missing! Not a big deal though, as the community is doing a pretty good job with the suggestions, and I can always email ya'!
    282 weeks ago
    I like the gray... and the placement of the gray...

the contrast between the gray and red is nice.
    282 weeks ago
    Yeah, I quite like both, but I am leaning a bit toward the gray. I suppose I could always to do that same placement on the cardinal color shirt.
    282 weeks ago
    A friend was saying that the blue is pretty close in value to the silver shirt, so I would probably go a bit darker, more towards a greenish.
    282 weeks ago
    Alright, here it is without a less clash-y blue on silver:

girrafealicious5uh4.jpg

:)
    282 weeks ago
    I can't see the difference..

I even tried.
    282 weeks ago
    Haha, it is subtle, but, it definitely helps I think.
    282 weeks ago
    extremely subtle.
    282 weeks ago
    haha crow. don't try too hard now. might hurt yourself.

i dig the placement on the grey but like the burgandy color...or whatever that is. looks very nice!
    282 weeks ago
    Alright, I will probably send a few versions to Jimiyo, or Wotto, or Layne, etc. and see if they have any interest. :)
    282 weeks ago
    you better have a good portfolio or they will never consider you.
    282 weeks ago
    Crow, I don't believe that is true at all. I think it has much more to do with trying to find the designs that they like and that they think the most customers would like. I expect it would be difficult to find designs that appeal to the curator's tastes, appeal to the big wig's tastes, appeal to the customers' tastes, and at the same time offer lots of variety. I just do not think that with all the other requirements for a design, that a good portfolio is high on the list.
    282 weeks ago
    Honestly, I don't think it has to deal with "taste" but something else - which at the moment words are failing me for. In order to give customers a wide variety of designs sometimes you probably need to pick awesome design that fit t-shirts without it being something you would wear. I can see great art and appreciate it for that but it doesn't mean I'd wear it. It is good but doesn't fit my taste. Just like not every t-shirt that appears on teefury appeals to a customers taste, I don't think every t-shirts on here matches to Layne/Jimiyo/Wotto/The Great Elephant/Joe Consumer tastes 100% of the time. The art was recongized as being good and something that matched being on a t-shirt.
  • Load More Comments