The TeeFury logo shirt went over fairly well.

How bout we make a montage shirt of Internet Memes/Popular Trends?

Pirates, ninjas, lolcatz, rick astley, robots, penguins with rocket packs, etc etc.

How bout it?

I asked Boss and Capt'n about the idea, and they think it's good. Maybe December if it all goes well...

Post ideas, or drawings!
35Comments
    296 weeks ago
    I am suddenly torn between doing lightning, doing pancake bunny, or doing pancake bunny struck by lightning :D
    296 weeks ago
    How would you like this done? Any particulars. Dimensions, color limit, ect
    Where do I send it off too?
    296 weeks ago
    We will have to cram them all into a shirt so

dimension - small, not too detailed since we will cram a bunch on a shirt hopefully

color limit - one

send images to [email protected]

I call dibs on Ceiling Cat. hahha
    296 weeks ago
    Can we make it all line up and say TITS OR GTFO?

That would kick so much ass.

This is becoming kinda common. Are you planning on doing this often? Because it could be a really interesting kind of monthly theme project and add to the large sense of community here at teefury.
    296 weeks ago
    I had plans to post this shirt to the fury here in the next couple days. It's very much along the same lines as this collab concept. Should I hold and submit elswhere, or would your team still maybe consider the design?
    296 weeks ago
    My problem is all the ones I want to do can't really be redone. I mean, Epic Fail Guy is Epic Fail Guy, that's just what he looks like. So should I just give you my drawing of him? Are these artistic renderings of memes, or just the memes themselves, or are they TF birds in the form of memes?
    296 weeks ago
    I love doing collabs like these. You can count me in. I think I'll do a ninja or an lolcat--or a combo...
    296 weeks ago
    meow...collabs are cool but, i probably wouldn't buy this one.

296 weeks ago
    Can I do the skull with shutter shades?!?! please please oh please?!
    296 weeks ago
    Any response from the TF team regarding my question above?
    296 weeks ago
    jimiyo stole your idea, kill him!
    I kid.
    I think it would be nice to mix the ideas together.
    296 weeks ago
    Could I get an answer to my question above? I'd love to do something, but I'm still a little confused about what is being asked for.
    296 weeks ago
    Dibs on longcat
    296 weeks ago
    @ Wotto: No violence necessary. I dare not create a martyr :) Seriously, Jimiyo's got mad skills, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was inspired by the same flood of graphic influence. I'm game if the community wants to flesh out this concept and maybe create a fuller layout than the original. What say you, peeps? No harm, no foul. I think it would really be cool to get a concept like this printed.
    296 weeks ago
    sheyrakelley: :)

let's just start posting doodles/drawings of stuff related in here, and get it started that way. ill try to sketch some tonight. i dont think the community will get on a wagon that aint movin... but once it starts moving.... ;)
    296 weeks ago
    Sweet. I've stripped out some previous icons from the other post. The design had been narrowed down to skull, bird, lightning, foliage/ornament, tree, and robot. There were some other really good suggestions that we could now begin to incorporate here... like zombies, slatted shades, etc. I'll wrap up the previous post and re-route attention to this thread, see what develops.

Art's in the process...
    Tribute2Trends03.jpg
    296 weeks ago
    I dig those,
    296 weeks ago
    They're not the same concept...

Why is this even an issue?
    296 weeks ago
    I tend to agree with Link- I saw Jimi's project as being about internet memes and Sheyra's about t-shirt trends. There might be some overlap, but I don't think there would be enough to make them the same project.
    296 weeks ago
    MJ MJ MJ!!! :) you should draw your pancake bunny!
    296 weeks ago
    true, no need for them to be the same project. Maybe I'll do something with ink splatters in it..
    296 weeks ago
    Ok Jimi!

pancakebunny-bw.jpg
    296 weeks ago
    You're right MJ, the other thread was centered around popular t-shirt trends. I posted above questioning TF's interest regarding that design in progress because *this* post was a call for internet memes/popular trends, not just memes. So understandably, this collab would feature a lot of that combined subject matter that everyone's discussed above: ninjas, skulls w/ shades, etc. I didn't really receive clear feedback on my inquiry before, and the topic was pretty much dropped... Should we just keep them separate? Should I continue working through the tee trends design with those interested?
    296 weeks ago
    My gut feeling is to keep them separate- I think part of the coolness of your design so far is that all the icons are done in the same style, so it's a very cohesive group. Presumably this new internet-themed project will be more of a collage, as each person will be creating an image based on a meme.

There are tons of internet memes that haven't become shirt trends (and vice versa, a skull isn't really a meme), so maybe Jimi's project could focus in on those.

Ultimately, though, I think it's your and Jimi's decision to make :)
    296 weeks ago
    woo hoo....finally got a reason to finish my moshing robot drawing

Photobucket
  • Load More Comments