Back to forum
rss 284 weeks ago
I know other t-shirt sites (like uneetee.com and shirt.woot.com) print their designs on American Apparel t-shirts. The fabric is soft, it's made in the USA, and they have transparent and humane production. Why can't teefury.com print their designs on this material rather than the lesser stuff from Mexico they are currently using?
43Comments
    284 weeks ago
    this has been discussed
    http://www.teefury.com/forum/247/Should_we_switch_to_American_Apparel?_Price_would_go_to_$12_per_tee

284 weeks ago
    alstyle > AA
    284 weeks ago
    I still agree with this post :D
    284 weeks ago
    I would love for them to print on AA. Even if it does raise the price a little. The brand they use now runs small in the women's sizing. AA actually fits me.
    284 weeks ago
    I would love for them to print on AA. Even if it does raise the price a little. The brand they use now runs small in the women's sizing. AA actually fits me.
    284 weeks ago
    ONCE AGAIN i will beg the fury people to NOT be like everyone else and stick with shirts that actually fit me. this place actually has a nice thick shirt that doesnt have to be delicately handled and all you guys can do is cry about them not being like all the other sites.
    i thought we had worked past our lack of diversity issues.
    284 weeks ago
    I agree with kizat. Alstyle > AA
    284 weeks ago
    I've grown to like Alstyle. I do wish they printed more sizes for women larger then I am. I normally wear a medium but have to wear a large here (this means I can't buy for other women in my life). I do love the way the navy blue shirt I just got fits - don't know if there is something special to it or not but it's great.
    284 weeks ago
    I just found this site and it looks great, but I absolutely will not buy from you if you use American Apparel. I love the shirt.woot designs but I can't buy them since they use AA. The material is smurf, and their men's shirts are cut weirdly and do not fit me at all. (I've tried three AA shirts bought from different places at different times, so it's not like I got one bad one and gave up on them.)
    Thanks.
    -- A potential customer
    284 weeks ago
    See? now all you AA shirt freaks just pipe down cause the rest of us LIKE having a place to buy shirts.
    284 weeks ago
    Oh and if we buy stuff from mexico maybe they will have more jobs located there... hmmmm this is bad HOW?
    284 weeks ago
    My own personal preference is for AA, but lord knows last time there was a thread about it the AA people were vastly outnumbered by the Alstyle folks.

It's not even that I think the Alstyle shirts aren't of good quality, I do, I just wish the men's sizes had more of a vintage cut to them (ie, showed off the physique a little better). Can't comment on the women's sizes, since I've never seen Alstyle women's shirts in person.

I'm still kind of holding out hope that Layne--once a week or month or something--will have an AA shirt just to placate us AA devotees. Or use the blanks DBH uses.
    284 weeks ago
    AGAIN? We are having this discussion AGAIN??? There are many sites that print on AA blanks. If you are soooo intent on AA shirts, go buy your shirts at one of those sites. I am thrilled that there is an affordable t-shirt site that DOESN'T use AA shirts. I LOVE the fit of the Alstyle shirts and I see nothing wrong with the quality of the shirts either.

It's an added bonus if it means more jobs in Mexico. Buy more shirts!!!
    284 weeks ago
    My only problem with Alstyle is the lack of color options. The price is really good about teefury, so I don't suggest AA, but just find something if at all possible with more options.
    284 weeks ago
    alstyle shirts are nice
    $9 is sweet
    tee fury is awesome
    keep up the good work
    283 weeks ago
    Fine if your not going to get AA shirts find out if they have a XXL in woman's. I hate men's shirts. They are too lose. And this brand has ridiculously small sizes for women.
    283 weeks ago
    I understand that people like their Alstyles. There's no need to be so vehement in your opinions; you guys vastly outnumber the AA folks, so I don't think a change is happening anytime soon, if ever. (though, like I said, throwing us a bone once a week or a month would be awesome!) I really gotta ask, though, why the interest in more jobs based in Mexico? I'm not _against_ more jobs in Mexico, but I'm confused as to the pro-Mexican jobs thing.

Also, @hkward001, do alstyle women's sizes _really_ run smaller than AA? I've gotten my girlfriend a few AA shirts and was shocked by how small they run. I find it really weird that another clothing line would run them even smaller.
    283 weeks ago
    matt2kool... that was close to a haiku...

alstyle shirts are nice
    teefury does a good job
    nine dollars is sweet

*scurries off back to work*
    283 weeks ago
    indievik...the more jobs in Mexico, the fewer Mexicans pouring over our borders illegally searching for work hopefully.
    283 weeks ago
    @snarkygal, the tide of illegals has already slowed. Unfortunately, the main reason I've found (at least in my own reading on the subject) is that Mexicans see much less opportunity in the economy here than in years prior :(

283 weeks ago
    Well, that is true. There aren't jobs for them here now like in years past. There aren't jobs for Americans either unfortunately.
    283 weeks ago
    Oh, yea, snarky, it's bad for all of us right now. I was just bumming that the only thing that really slowed down the tide is an economy that's sucking all 'round.
    283 weeks ago
    Indievik, I wear a WM in AA and here I wear a WL for the same fit. I don't dry my AA shirts but I dry the Alstyle ones to get them to shrink.
    283 weeks ago
    The women's xl in teefury brand is 37.5in and the AA is 40-42in. So much better.
    283 weeks ago
    Wait AA is American apparel right? Uneetee uses American Apparel which is 40-42 for xl. I don't know the name of TeeFury's brand but it is 37.5in for the women's xl.
  • Load More Comments