Back to forum
rss 284 weeks ago
C'mon TeeFury...how many times have you seen posts that said people would buy the men's shirts if they were the same color as the women's when the women's shirts were on Military Green and the Men's were on Charcoal? Military Green is available for men, so why do you keep offering the men's shirts on charcoal instead of the same color as the women's shirts?

I don't see any reason men and women have to have different colored shirts every night. In fact, there are more color choices for the men, but it seems we keep seeing the same few colors over and over.

Am I the only one that feels this way or not?

25Comments
    284 weeks ago
    It would be nice to be able to choose from the two shirt colors when two are offered. I agree.
    284 weeks ago
    No, that would be to much work for them. But they should just offer both men's and women's shirt on the same color is what I am saying.
    284 weeks ago
    Agreed, snarkygal. It seems like the men's shirts are always on the same, DRAB, colors. That dragonfly shirt the other day was sweet, but I couldn't even really consider picking up another gray shirt. I have enough asphalts from that *other* site.

Your idea's a good one; I'm hoping Layne is listening.
    284 weeks ago
    That's weird, I was just thinking the same exact thing! But yes, I agree
    284 weeks ago
    I like how the colors are different, cuz like with Woot theres been times when me and my gal both liked a design enough to buy, so we have shirts that look identical and cant wear em on the same day or we'll look stupid.. but if the colors are diffrent then we could wear them together and they would go together instead of looking redundant. I really like on here when the image is slightly diffrent too.
    284 weeks ago
    It's mainly because some of the colors for men arent available for women.

It would make the whole process easier if Teefury could just slap a design on the same color for both.

They mentioned investigating other blank suppliers though... Be nice, but I would assume the whole process of finding good blanks at reasonable prices, etc takes a bit of work. ;j
    284 weeks ago
    Agreed, jimi...

to offer a shirt at this price requires some bargain hunting, and i suppose that means you take what you can get. Till teefury starts having the buying leverage of woot or t-less, we'll have to take what we can get. And just so you know - leverage isn't always what its about either. Most of the Print on Demand sites don't offer the same colors in both genders; something that's annoyed me to no end!
    284 weeks ago
    so then there is no men shirts in green? because I def would have gotten the dragonfly shirt if it look more like the girls. Heck at the very least the actual image didn't need to be changed, did it?
    284 weeks ago
    I think the issue is that as Jimiyo said, there are more colours for men's shirts than women's, but I know that often I much prefer the women's colour to the men's. Especially since the women's colour is almost always less drab. It seems the men's is usually either white, black or grey, whereas the women's is usually sand, or army green. I for one, have WAY too many black, grey and brown shirts. I often find myself looking emo without trying, just due to luck of the draw on what's clean. Can we please have some colourful shirts?
    284 weeks ago
    I think a lot of people misunderstood what I meant..I guess I wasn't clear. What I wanted to say is that they should offer both the men's and women's shirts on the same color. Military Green is offered in both the men's and women's, so why do they change the men's to charcoal all the time? Offer the same color to both sexes!
    284 weeks ago
    At least, I believe that green is offered in the men's blanks. On another thread in the forum when somebody asked what colors were available, that green was the first one that showed for the men.
    284 weeks ago
    For anyone who is interested, these are the available colors:

for men: http://www.alstyle.com/SKUDetails.aspx?Style=1701
    for women: http://www.alstyle.com/SKUDetails.aspx?Style=5562
    284 weeks ago
    Though I haven't encountered the problem of wanting the women's color over the men's (the two shirts I've bought so far were sand and some shade of blue), I agree that they should be offered in both colors if possible.
    283 weeks ago
    @ snarkygal, totally agreed. It seems like, most of the time, the charcoal men's shirt is much less interesting than the women's choice.
    283 weeks ago
    I agree. I have to buy men's shirts because the women's are so small. I hate most of the mens colors but usually would have bought the women's.
    282 weeks ago
    i feel like that is the one big problem with teefury, the colour choices. the men's colours are often poorly picked, and for the girls... honestly, i'm a colour-snob, more often then none, i find myself saying "i won't buy this" just based on the colour. i wish we could just pick the colour of the shirt at purchase. *yes, i know they are cheap shirts, not ideal or perfect, but still that would be amazing.*
    282 weeks ago
    The shirts cost $9! There are going to be limits for us if we are to keep the tees at that price.

282 weeks ago
    @wotto Would it be more expensive to have the men's shirt be green instead of charcoal, like in today's gamer king shirt?
    282 weeks ago
    @indievik nope but we do have to respect the wishes of the artists if they want to see their tee on a certain colour.
    282 weeks ago
    One thing a lot of the artists should consider then is, a lot of women are buying the men's sizes...and we don't want a whole wardrobe of charcoal and silver and black shirts LOL. I love black, but I sure would like some military green also.
    282 weeks ago
    Wotto, I guess it's the perogative of the artists to control shirt colors but I just can't get behind more gray shirts. I can only hope some of them are listening. I will still buy the occassional gray shirt, but the design really has to make use of that choice; the decision can't just be arbitrary or I'll have to pass. Not that my opinion is all that important, just making my feelings known.
    282 weeks ago
    I will certainly be passing on my opinions on tee colours to artists. I always try to advise but I also like artists opinons. The community here helps to drive things forward.
    282 weeks ago
    my experience is that people ask for more colors, but then when you do, the color ones sit there and men buy all the boy colors like black, charcoal, military green and dark brown. even colors not so brash dont sell as well, like sand (khaki), white or dark red. i dont knowjust seems that way.
    282 weeks ago
    Wotto, it's great that you guys are listening! It's one of the best parts of this site.

And, to chopshopstore, my favorite designs over the past few weeks have inevitably been shirts that are a "boy color" like military green for the women's option but gray for men's. That is, both options are fairly masculine in nature, but the men's is gray or white and the women's choice (while still a masculine color) organically just fits the design so much better. Heck, I'd love a design that I dig to be on military green--I'm not asking for turquoise or anything zany :)
    282 weeks ago
    Hello TeeFury community I want to assure you all that your concerns regarding color variety have not gone unheard. We are possibly starting as soon as next week offering almost 15 new colors in addition to what is currently being offered in the men's and womens tee. I feel that this will help our community as well as the artists with more variety to select from. We thank you for your concern regarding this matter and hope that you will keep the Fury Alive!