We're not 3 months into the year and there have been probably 812 Doctor Who shirts. It's seriously getting out of hand and kinda turning me off to TeeFury. Let's see some new ideas on new topics. Sorry to be a complainy baby, but it's just ridiculous to see a DW shirt seemingly once a week.
37Comments
    160 weeks ago
    Sorry you don't like the Dr. Who shirts, but a lot of people are on this site exclusively for them (me included).
    160 weeks ago
    Fun fact: there were 2 Doctor Who shirts in all of March.
    160 weeks ago
    I'd rather put a moratorium on Abbey Road homages. There's really nothing new or interesting you can do with that especially if you all you're going to do is just change The Beatles with the cast of Friends.
    160 weeks ago
    MJ said: Fun fact: there were 2 Doctor Who shirts in all of March.

Even Funner fact: There have been 10 Star Wars shirt, 8 Mario shirts but only 6 Doctor who shirts so far this year.
    160 weeks ago
    I think that there are probably as many (if not more) Mario and Starwars shirts than there are Dr. Who shirts.

I do think that the two March Dr. Who shirts shouldn't have been printed so closely together, because some tee fury members found that they didn't have the funds to buy a second Dr. Who shirt in one week.

I agree with Q&T that we should put a moratorium on Abbey Road homages. That idea has been done.
    160 weeks ago
    thetoemasher said:

Even Funner fact: There have been 10 Star Wars shirt, 8 Mario shirts but only 6 Doctor who shirts so far this year.

Star Wars / Mario have a much larger audience than Dr. Who though. C'mon. Let's not compare those two to Dr. Who.

I'd go out on a limb to say (at least on this site) Firefly fans equal or come pretty darn close to the number of Dr. Who fans.... and... there are far less Firefly shirts than Who.
    160 weeks ago
    I feel that Firefly shirts would be just as popular as Doctor Who shirts as well. Look at how coveted the Serenity Sake shirt is. However, maybe people just aren't designing that many Firefly shirts.

Also, there are many more Doctor Who fans in England than there are in America.

I'm going to agree with FishCustard: Sorry that you are bothered by them, but Doctor Who shirts are the reason I visit this site at all.
    160 weeks ago
    Yeah, I've never seen a single episose of Dr. Who, but I don't mind seeing the shirts pop up as there really haven't been all that many and most of my friends like Dr. Who, so when they do come up, I could get them as gifts. :)
    I think there's a lot of disccusions about the Dr Who shirts moreso than most shows so it makes it seem as if they're everywhere.
    I would love to see more Firefly.
    (also, i've never seen any but would absolutely adore some Dr Horrible or Red Dwarf shirts.)
    160 weeks ago
    I'm nearly exclusively here for DW. Any Harry Potter shirts will make me pretty excited as well, but it's very unlikely for me to buy anything else. There are a lot of people here that love the show and TeeFury is being pretty smart taking advantage of that.
    160 weeks ago
    drwyrick said:
    thetoemasher said:

Star Wars / Mario have a much larger audience than Dr. Who though. C'mon. Let's not compare those two to Dr. Who.

I'd go out on a limb to say (at least on this site) Firefly fans equal or come pretty darn close to the number of Dr. Who fans.... and... there are far less Firefly shirts than Who.

Doctor who has been going for almost 50 years. It's almost on par with Star Trek in the sense of fans worldwide. It isn't just any other Sci-Fi show and almost doubles the lifespan of Mario & Star Wars. That is a very good justification for the level of shirts there have been. Also the fact they sell, supply and demand that old chestnut.

Also agree with the Abby Road halt. I've had enough of those shirts.
    160 weeks ago
    Funnest fact - I would be fine with a similar moratorium on Mario & Star Wars designs. I want to see more creativity. If I had the ability to draw and design on the CPU, I'd submit my own stuff, but I don't. I wasn't given that talent unfortunately.

In fairness, I did say seemingly once a week. :) And six in 3 months is a lot for something that isn't nearly as widespread as Mario or Wars. I just wanna see some new stuff.
    160 weeks ago
    I like the who shirts but I want more bsg shirts
    160 weeks ago
    We need more battlestar shirts =D
    160 weeks ago
    ChloeShields said: I'm nearly exclusively here for DW. Any Harry Potter shirts will make me pretty excited as well, but it's very unlikely for me to buy anything else. There are a lot of people here that love the show and TeeFury is being pretty smart taking advantage of that.

Same here. What attracted me to TeeFury was the unique and cheap Doctor Who shirts. I don't buy any others.

If you don't like the amount of DW shirts, just don't buy them and check back the next day.
    160 weeks ago
    If it wasn't for the Who's shirt, I never would have found out about this place. I, like many others, specifically seek out Dr. Who shirts because they are more uncommon to find than Star Wars and SMB shirts.

I say they should attempt to do no Star Wars for an entire year.
    160 weeks ago
    Q & T said: I'd rather put a moratorium on Abbey Road homages. There's really nothing new or interesting you can do with that especially if you all you're going to do is just change The Beatles with the cast of Friends.

Could not agree more on this one, haha. It is such an overused idea, please no more of them!
    160 weeks ago
    SemiPossible said:
    ChloeShields said: I'm nearly exclusively here for DW. Any Harry Potter shirts will make me pretty excited as well, but it's very unlikely for me to buy anything else. There are a lot of people here that love the show and TeeFury is being pretty smart taking advantage of that.

Same here. What attracted me to TeeFury was the unique and cheap Doctor Who shirts. I don't buy any others.

If you don't like the amount of DW shirts, just don't buy them and check back the next day.

same here for the comments above. I happen to find this site one day from a friend when they did It's Trap design and it got me hooked. Then I find out they have Dr Who shirts. These shirts are original, not found in stores, and done better than anything you can find. Be stuck in the states, I don't get much Dr Who merchandise so when they are here, then I snatch them up. My two I have gotten so far is the Who's and Galifrey Road ones.

If it's Ghostbusters, Dr Who, or Torchwood, 99% of the time, I will be getting the shirt. The only .1% I will pass if it is something I don't like. I didn't get the Scooby Doo and Dr Who mash up, but if I got it as a gift, then I would wear it.
    160 weeks ago
    Came here for the Who, mainly the thing I buy here.
    160 weeks ago
    I don't think we should cut anything out (I don't care for Dr Who and actually have one of the shirts to trade right now) but would rather see the variety of references represented a lot larger. Maybe make an effort to have more original designs like at least one a week instead of saving them up for a whole week of them.
    160 weeks ago
    I agree with my fellow TeeFuryians that we need more Ghostbusters and BSG. Possibly together. Only the Ghostbusters can stop Romo's rampaging ghost cat from striking again.
    160 weeks ago
    My husband, Me, and my sister in law found out about this because of the doctor who shirts. They are the main reason I frequent it. Although I am surprised by awesomeness every once in a while, the DW shirts are why I am here so much.
    158 weeks ago
    Even as someone who loves Doctor Who I'm starting to find the number of Who-related shirts to be cringe-worthy. Especially when the designs aren't that good and are clearly just an attempt to cash in on a trend.

I don't know if a moratorium would help at this point. MJ says there were only two Who shirts in all of March and yet as soon as one shows up the reaction is pretty much "Oh god, not ANOTHER one." I have a feeling, thanks to the earlier glut, that this will continue to be the reaction from some circles no matter how spread out the shirts are and reactions like some of the ones above show that Teefury is in danger of becoming known as a site for Doctor Who shirts (and occasionally other things as well). That's probably another warning sign.

What I'd most like to know is where are all of the OTHER designs? Surely Doctor Who, Star Wars, Mario, etc aren't the only designs that get submitted? I'd be really amazed if NO ONE had come up with a good, likable Firefly design, for instance. Or Fringe (which I don't watch but recognize as being popular). Maybe what Teefury needs is to pick a few new franchises to exploit. ;) And try not to bunch up all of the designs again.
    158 weeks ago
    I also come to teefury specifically for the Dr. Who shirts. For me that was how I even found the site in the first place and what kept me coming back initially.

While I do have some Dr. Who shirt designs planned I also have a number of others that don't have Who as the theme. Zelda anyone?
    158 weeks ago
    While I do agree that not all Doctor Who shirts are good ones, when there is a good one they sell stupid amounts of them. Good Doctor shirts are "super popular" within a few hours.
    158 weeks ago
    i need an archer shirt. thats all i ask.
  • Load More Comments