Back to forum
rss 284 weeks ago
I'm hoping to make a real good 'un, and submit it here. I'll post updates as I progress... ;j

Inspired by one of my fav artists is Aaron Horkey. His work is NUTZ! Check him out on the google = http://dearcomputer.nl/gir/?q=aaron+horkey&s=7

39Comments
    284 weeks ago
    Looks great jimi, I HOPE to this this here soon! another reason to spend more money here....
    284 weeks ago
    It's looking really good. I love the lettering and the scroll. My only suggestion is to perhaps move or change that shape near the "P" cause it kinda makes the word look like "Hore." Maybe if it's in a contrasting color it won't matter though.
    284 weeks ago
    i don't like how the letters aren't...uniform, i guess. ocd. it feels like the big ones should both be the same size and the little ones should be the same size.

is that a phoenix? i can't wait to see the progression.
    284 weeks ago
    are you planning on leaving it as a 1-color sketch? that would be awesome
    284 weeks ago
    I cant tell whats going on at the bottom but the top looks sweat. do you sketch out most of your stuff before you make it?
    284 weeks ago
    1-color sketch would be awesome... but I already own "Crow"... However, it is my favorite shirt for now...

I like it. I got no other input.
    284 weeks ago
    You have an unfair amount of talent and this is just more proof of that. Looks great but I think you should take theinfinityloop's suggestion because the wing and the 'P' meet in a really unfortunate way.
    284 weeks ago
    *snicker* Nice observation theinfinityloop, heh.

This is a really cool design.
    284 weeks ago
    i thought it said hore at first too.

This is hot though, i love the flames.
    284 weeks ago
    Ah, instead of thinking it said 'hore' I thought it said 'hare'. Not even sure why, I guess it just made more sense in my head
    284 weeks ago
    whoo hoo! thanks for all the positive feedback!!!

it is a phoenix

i usually do sketch 60% of it. like this one, i duplicated and copied the left side banners, so i didnt draw that.

it will probably be a 1-4 color design. dunno. it usually evolves by itself. with art im just a worker, i just uncover whatever is supposed to be born. i never have a fully imagined vision of what it will look like. ;)

thanks for the crits. ive fixed some parts.

here's an update

hope_phoenix2.jpg

also, although not for teefury, i just sold this design... coming soon!

Jimiyo_02.jpg

also, im gonna pitch this to Layne / Anik. always been a fan of Sailor Jerry/Old Tattoo style.

AnchorTeeFury.jpg
    284 weeks ago
    Ahh. Since it's a Phoenix I must buy it when it's printed. :D
    284 weeks ago
    That blue shirt with the Nautical Stars is awesome. Great work :)
    284 weeks ago
    These are amazing! I think the anchor is my favorite :)
    284 weeks ago
    nice w.i.p.! :)
    284 weeks ago
    although i need the others, as usual, that anchor is MINE the moment it posts ;)
    284 weeks ago
    I was stumbling for a few hours thinking I should ssmurf the whole design, then I worked on it for a couple more hours. Im diggin it now, although I hate that I lost the pencil drawn look.

Im really excited about how the gray on black to the right of the heart turned out! That was an accident. Very dimensional.

Hope_Phoenix3.jpg
    284 weeks ago
    nice work man!
    284 weeks ago
    Loving it. I'm glad you didn't ssmurf it.
    284 weeks ago
    the classic tattoo style shirt is amazing.

the new design is coming along famously.

i think i love you.
    284 weeks ago
    I'm loving the texture
    284 weeks ago
    I don't get what the deal is with the hands. I feel the flow of the work would be better without them. They just look like floating hands to me right now and it bugs me. :)
    284 weeks ago
    holy smurf this guy has skills.
    EBI-57574.jpg
    284 weeks ago
    As usual, I love both of the shirts Jimi, the anchor AND the wip Hope....I would gladly buy another Hope shirt of yours. I have the first TeeFury shirt of yours that said Hope on it LOL.

284 weeks ago
    just to be sure i went and checked my other jimi anchor shirt lol
    yeah i want this one MOAR. mostly cause it isnt in spanish ;) but also the color navy does go better with an anchor lol.
  • Load More Comments