Back to forum
rss 284 weeks ago
I've been watching this site for a couple of weeks now and there just hasn't been anything that I would wear on here..

yet, I keep watching..

I think this site has the potential to be somewhereelse, or maybe even anothersite quality..

but until then,
I will hope.
31Comments
    284 weeks ago
    lol @ you putting anothersite above DBH. Have you been to the site lately?
    284 weeks ago
    anothersite has the longevity and reliability factor.. I can have a anothersite shirt at my house in two days.. whereas DBH is possibly more than two weeks.. and DBH's shirts always come all stuck together..
    284 weeks ago
    anothersite isn't printing anything that looks nice any more. It's more about the laugh factor. DBH actually encourages experimentation and gives you nice shirts.
    284 weeks ago
    Screw anothersite, I can't believe how many holier than thou and just downright harsh the community is over there. I'm all up for critiques and constructive critisim, but you post something for judgement and all you get is a 10 people clicking "Don't Submit" without a hint of letting you know why, that's just being a DonkeyKong for being a DonkeyKong sake.

I can't stand a community that doesn't offer you anything but elitist scumbags. Truth.

That's why I'm here.
    284 weeks ago
    I thought that at first, and to an extent it never gos away, but it's really not as bad as it seems. There are just some top tier/second tier/third tier designers.

But I'm really not happy with what they've been printing lately.
    284 weeks ago
    I don't even know who picks the shirts for this site.. we can't vote.. I would like to have a voice..

and I'm just saying that DBH has potential.. it just lacks the customer service aspect that anothersite has.. and it doesn't have the payout for designs like anothersite does.. I really like Heaven and Earth from anothersite this week.

I've just been disappointed by the designs on this site.
    284 weeks ago
    Both anothersite and DBH have more range in what they can print (colors and options) that Teefury does not, but that is why they offer us the $9 price tag (limited print size, colors). Despite that I still think many designs are comparable, if not better, than what I've gotten at DBH and anothersite. Also, many artists printed here have also been printed at other t-shirt sites, so you've got a lot of the same talent.

Anyway, what exactly does this site need to do to be 'anothersite quality'? They could offer a voting system, more options, etc. But then they'd really be no different. We don't need another anothersite. I happen to like the variety that TF offers.

284 weeks ago
    Exactly. I'm sure they're looking into any option possible to expand their printing options without raising the price, but if they changed the formula it would lose what makes it so great. And for half the price, the talent sure isn't any less here than there.
    284 weeks ago
    there are enough places to vote on a shirt. and evidence shows us that voting tends to be who can get more friends to vote for them rather than what a community actually wants. (no not every time but more often than it should be)
    if the fury changed itself to be like other sites, a part of me would die inside. this place is a huge relief over the uberdrama of everywhere else. even if i do only own 7 out of 100 shirts they have printed.
    284 weeks ago
    Seven's a TOOOON!

I haven't even bought one, yet, but I love this site.
    284 weeks ago
    Yeah, I wish there were more DBH style shirts on here. I like this site, but I'm not big on the style of most of the tees here.
    284 weeks ago
    Teefury should stay as it is... The community is fun, the designs are just fine and the whole rushed concept of making sure you get THAT shirt right NOW makes it seem dangerous and exciting.

Like getting a lap dance from a woman in a dynamite vest.
    284 weeks ago
    Teefury is different to DBH, look at the prices folks. $9 is not going to get you an all over 30 colour design. There just isn't the money in a $9 budget. I would however say that Teefury is using lots of different images and artists.Showcasing art and trying to bring something new. There will be more to come for teefury...trust me.
    284 weeks ago
    I like anothersite, uneetee, dbh and teefury. They all have their own thing going on which is why I try and be a part of each. Dbh not so much anymore but it's the concept of artists having a chance of exposure and money and communication that each of these sites provides that makes em all worth it.
    284 weeks ago
    I don't like DBH... I am not into the all over prints and some of what they print doesn't appeal to me at all. And I do like the variety found here. I hadn't bought a shirt in over a month from here and in the last week I've bought two and would have also gotten today's if it had been on a different color.

I like TeeFury the way it is. It isn't DBH, anothersite or Woot. Which is nice. If I want a DBH style shirt, I'll go there. If I want a anothersite style shirt, I can go there. Part of what makes TeeFury what it is, is that the designs. I don't another form of DBH/anothersite. Honestly, if they became more like DBH, I'd stop coming here.
    284 weeks ago
    Aww... please let us edit posts soon TeeFury. I hate all my typos.

What I was trying to say in the last paragraph was that part of what makes TeeFury what it is, is the designs found here. I don't need another form of DBH/anothersite.
    284 weeks ago
    I agree completely, except I think DBH is MUCH better than anothersite. I don't even like anothersite
    284 weeks ago
    Teefury feels like a family to me so I hope it does not change. The owners are great and show all the time that they care about the artist and customers both.
    There have been a few designs here and there that no one liked, but there is a new shirt everyday. If you don't like today's, you will like tomorrow's.
    284 weeks ago
    I understand that they have to keep the shirts cheap.. which is very good and I like that.. I also like the time table..

I just want to be educated on who picks the designs.

I'm still waiting for the day that I find a design on here that I would wear in my everyday life.

Who gets to pick the designs? I hope it's not Joe the Plumber.
    284 weeks ago
    I think it's Layne, and maybe a couple other guys that do most of the picking. It's just like Woot on weekdays, or DbH or Uneetee, because despite what you think, DbH and Uneetee don't actually care much about your vote on designs. Otherwise how has stuff like Jellybot at Uneetee (Printed here) and Orgasm at DbM still not been printed. I mean, seriously, look at the vote counts for some of the stuff at DbH, there are things that have gotten 500+ votes over half a year, and they still haven't printed.
    284 weeks ago
    Agree with LOTM on the whole voting process. Prints can get high votes and not get printed, or low votes and print. I've seen both happen many times on DBH and anothersite. Ultimately, it's what those in charge want to print/think will sell best. It is nice to feel like you're part of the process, but again, we get that at many tee sites already.
    284 weeks ago
    It sounds like Wotto and Jimiyo have a big hand in choosing the designs that get printed. From a recent Emptees post by Wotto:

Calling All Artists - Submit Art for TeeFury.com
    posted 3 days ago by wotto

Myself and Jimiyo were recently chosen to be TeeFury.coms Art Curators. It means that we will be soliciting, reviewing, and picking designs that get printed on a daily basis at TeeFury.com.

If you are an artist and interested in possibly getting a design printed at TeeFury.com, please post a link here to designs that are available.

Whats in it for you?

1. $1 sold per shirt.
    2. High traffic exposure.
    3. You maintain all rights.

Before being chosen as curators, we both participated with Teefury as artists, and found the process to be quite beneficial.

We cannot guarantee a response to everyone due to logistics and we will accept designs at our discretion.

Email either of us with any questions:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I trust those guys to bring us a good selection. Hopefully they include some of their own designs because they both do excellent work.

284 weeks ago
    Indeed.

Thanks hopey.

watch this space folks!
    284 weeks ago
    I trust those guys to bring us a good selection. Hopefully they include some of their own designs because they both do excellent work.

I agree with this. Those two guys seem really stellar... and I do hope that they include their own art and that this doesn't mean that we wont be seeing any art from them. I'm actually wearing a jimiyo shirt as I type this out.

I like teefury the way it is. I dont think voting would make this site any better, other than just make it more clique-y like the other sites. I agree with the other statements that this place feels like a "net" family.
    284 weeks ago
    I personally like a lot of the T-Shirts that are here. More than any of the ones on DBH or anothersite. That'd also explain why, this is one of the only sites I've purchased from.
  • Load More Comments