I think the default model they use is pretty, but her lack of curves arent really realistic for most women. It would be nice to know what a shirt would look like on someone with boobs before I buy it. A cool design can be drastically changed: for example, on the Doctor Who shirt with all of the Doctors, the Tardis is P shaped. Dont get me wrong, I still adore the shirt BUT it wouldve been nice to know that beforehand.
30Comments
    160 weeks ago
    I'm definitely against this, the current female model is super cute. On the other hand, I'd love to replace the male one! :^)
    160 weeks ago
    i vote jessica alba.
    160 weeks ago
    *rolls eyes at above comments chuckling* a agree it would be nice to have a curvier model.... It hasn't really affected the shirts I've bought so far... but usually I buy the guys shirts because I like baggy shirts.... I agree on the model change she is soooo pretty though
    160 weeks ago
    Speaking as a girl who doesn't have a lot of curves I find the model to be perfectly realistic.
    160 weeks ago
    TonksieFea said: it would be nice to have a curvier model....

I agree, a model with bigger breasts would be nice.
    160 weeks ago
    shadowmaat said: Speaking as a girl who doesn't have a lot of curves I find the model to be perfectly realistic.

^ This.
    160 weeks ago
    I have very large mam's and I just don't buy shirts that have a print that is large over the chest area.

Because I have been a female my whole life and have had big boobs for the majority of it I have learned that unless you get something that is 15 sizes too large, it will stretch across the boobs. So I just go with shirts that either have the design lower or ones that have the majority of the design below the chest.
    160 weeks ago
    iGGz said:
    TonksieFea said: it would be nice to have a curvier model....

I agree, a model with bigger breasts would be nice.

I'm a male and I endorse this message!! :D
    160 weeks ago
    Incidentally do the models even WEAR the shirts? I'd somehow gotten the impression the models wore a blank and then some design monkey shopped the image on, so the image probably wouldn't be stretched even if the woman's boob size was more "realistic."

You DO realize how insulting it is to imply that girls with smaller proportions aren't realistic, right? Contrary to what the comic books tell us, most women do NOT have enormous fabric-defying boobs and of those who do most, like sarahpritchett, have been that way for most of their lives and have learned how to shop accordingly.
    160 weeks ago
    shadowmaat said: Incidentally do the models even WEAR the shirts? I'd somehow gotten the impression the models wore a blank and then some design monkey shopped the image on, so the image probably wouldn't be stretched even if the woman's boob size was more "realistic."

You DO realize how insulting it is to imply that girls with smaller proportions aren't realistic, right? Contrary to what the comic books tell us, most women do NOT have enormous fabric-defying boobs and of those who do most, like sarahpritchett, have been that way for most of their lives and have learned how to shop accordingly.

Exactly. If you look at the pictures, their faces never change, so I don't see how photoshop would show how the shirt would stretch over curves, even if you do get another model.
    As a girl who has good sized curves, I find the model to be more realistic to what I see when I walk around my town. Most girls here are shaped like that, and ones who aren't know what to buy and what to avoid. The model is pretty and should stay.
    160 weeks ago
    shadowmaat said: Contrary to what the comic books tell us, most women do NOT have enormous fabric-defying boobs

The ones I hang out with do.
    160 weeks ago
    I personally think the model is nice. And am also indeed under the impression that new shirt designs are photoshopped onto it - thus no stretching or distorting of the design takes place.

Most shirt designs do not distort on bigger breasts regardless (speaking from personal experience seeing as Ive got some curves myself), and just changing it because one design turned out differently is a bit off.
    160 weeks ago
    It's pretty realistic to me since I'm basically the same size as her. Though, I do believe they should offer options of other models in different sizes.
    160 weeks ago
    TheFirewolf said: And am also indeed under the impression that new shirt designs are photoshopped onto it - thus no stretching or distorting of the design takes place.

No Way! Is that why the facial expressions and hair style NEVER changes.................
    160 weeks ago
    I wish there was a REAL model. I don't see the point of shopping the design onto a model. It doesn't show us anything that having a model WOULD show.
    160 weeks ago
    As someone smaller than the model pictured, I'm not really interested in seeing the shirts on a curvier model or one with bigger breasts.
    Also, the assumption that most women are larger is ridiculous and insulting.
    For the record, commenting on someone's weight is still rude even if they are smaller. (saying she didn't have breasts or implying she is somehow abnormal because she is lacking in curves, which she really isn't....she has curves approriate to her size.)
    I think she is a beautiful model and a fair represenation of what a shirt will look like on a female frame.
    160 weeks ago
    I am a very curvy girl, and I know how to shop for my boobs. Frankly, if your breasts are distorting the image that much, then maybe you just need to buy the next size up. American Apparel shirts run small, anyway. My impression is that the only reason they even have the model is to show the color of the girls' and guys' tee.
    160 weeks ago
    This is a good thread.
    160 weeks ago
    slr4x said: I wish there was a REAL model. I don't see the point of shopping the design onto a model. It doesn't show us anything that having a model WOULD show.

The models are used to show approximate print size. Since we do limited edition shirts and aren't printing anything until after we know how many sold, it's not actually physically possible to show the final printed shirts on a model- they haven't been printed yet! :D
    160 weeks ago
    Also, I removed a couple of comments that were over the line of what we like to see.

If you're saying the model is cute, that's okay. But if you're saying what you'd like to do to the model, please don't post it. We're a family friendly site with posters of all ages, so that kind of thing is out of our comfort zone.
    160 weeks ago
    Best. Thread. Ever.
    160 weeks ago
    Claire said: I know how to shop for my boobs.

MJ you've removed 90% of my posts. You're what my friends and I call ...lame ;)
    160 weeks ago
    However MJ- teemagnet.com makes you pretty cool, I must admit.
    160 weeks ago
    MJ said:
    slr4x said: I wish there was a REAL model. I don't see the point of shopping the design onto a model. It doesn't show us anything that having a model WOULD show.

The models are used to show approximate print size. Since we do limited edition shirts and aren't printing anything until after we know how many sold, it's not actually physically possible to show the final printed shirts on a model- they haven't been printed yet! :D

Would it be too difficult to print two shirts for the models when you know the shirt will go on sale?
    160 weeks ago
    slr4x said:
    Would it be too difficult to print two shirts for the models when you know the shirt will go on sale?

Sounds like a lot of busy body work for pretty much the exact picture you are already getting? You do realize they would have to do this EVERY day? Sit back and try to think this through.
  • Load More Comments