Back to forum
rss 161 weeks ago
So, we all know about the 6 color limit at TeeFury. If I am using Gimp, and I use the "erase every other row" filter to accomplish a row of yellow pixels, a row of red pixesl, a row of yellow, etc. to come up with an orange color, would the orange count as a new color, or would it still just be red and yellow?
4Comments
    161 weeks ago
    that would be red and yellow :D
    161 weeks ago
    although i don't know if the resolution or registration of the printing here can handle single pixel sized halftone .. anyone know?
    161 weeks ago
    I believe "Buddha Bot v6.0" by John Sumrow utilized techniques similar to what you're talking about? Obviously Sumrow's was a lot more meticulously detailed than just pairing lines against one another, but he basically used colors in close tandem with eachother to create the illusion of the design hosting much more than 6 colors.
    161 weeks ago
    Don't worry about generating the halftones yourself. If you leave it as orange - or as a red-yellow gradient, or a dark orange-light orange gradient, or what have you - and note in your submission that the ink colours are red and yellow then should your design be selected for print it's a straightforward matter for the staff to generate the necessary halftones in Photoshop. It *is* possible to generate halftones in Gimp but it's a chore and you won't know how to match Teefuy's particular printing setup anyway.