Back to forum
rss 299 weeks ago
here is an old design i decided to redo.

what do you guys think of it?

16Comments
    299 weeks ago
    oh, forgot to mention.. the name of the design is "The Late Queen Bee of England". you can also check my anothersite submission of it (before i added halftones and such) right here.

299 weeks ago
    I like the drawing, but I think it'd be better if you hand drew the type :)
    299 weeks ago
    thanks for the suggestion Rikkib! ill upload another version with the type drawn out. Thanks!
    299 weeks ago
    As you please: here is a copy with written type. Thanks for the suggestion Rikkib, i think it really helped the design. I also changed the halftones of the eyes.

what do you guys think?

queenbee4.jpg
    299 weeks ago
    like the design. like the details.
    299 weeks ago
    thanks armPittman (nice name by the way).
    299 weeks ago
    Nice changes!
    299 weeks ago
    thanks arrow. im going to upload the placement soon. if anybody has any other suggestions, dont hesitate to tell me!
    299 weeks ago
    I love this and could really use a new shirt of that color
    299 weeks ago
    you know what would be really sweet? If is was one those shirt with print on the inside showing through to the the outside with the honeycombs being the inside print.
    299 weeks ago
    To me the bee itself needs to be filled in a little more with some color (and by color I mean even just more black). At first I had a hard time telling what it was (until I read the name of it) because there is so much line detail there. Maybe for just the head and mandibles/antennae or something, I don't know, just a suggestion.
    299 weeks ago
    Biotwist: that would be so epic great idea! I've always wanted a shirt like that and i think the style would actually work here.

Asystole: thanks for the suggestion! I'll work around with the shading a little more.

In the meantime, here are some placements/other color options. Tell me what you think!

queenbee_navy.jpgqueenbee_redplacement.jpgqueenbee_purpleplacement.jpgqueenbee_placement.jpgqueenbee_mintplacement.jpg

besides the yellow, i think i like the mint the best :)
    299 weeks ago
    im liking the red! :p
    298 weeks ago
    mint and red
    298 weeks ago
    thanks guys! I agree :)
    298 weeks ago
    i agree with asystole on bringing out the bee as much as you can! right now, the mirror stands out more than the bee queen herself. other than that, nice detail....i don't think i could bring myself to buy this shirt though. its too much for me :P