Back to forum
rss 163 weeks ago
First of all, let me say that I'm very pleased with "Peach Nouveau" by bisqueets and "Rolling Deep" by Jonah Block, both designs being on lighter colored shirts. "Peach Nouveau" is super soft and "Rolling Deep" is the same way with the exception of the white values accented throughout the image, but I expected that. I'm ecstatic overall, I'm a TeeFury addict.

However, I bought two of "Han Shot First" by nakedderby and both of them appear to be iron ons/heat transfers. Granted, I expected the white outline of the image to be plastisol/vinyl (I've never seen white screen printed, I assume because of the nature of screen printing not being very practical for that intense of a value), but it appears every part of the print is like this.

I also bought "Super Fettio Bros" by MankindRam and it ended up having the exact same problem (It's actually even worse on that particular shirt). At first I thought it was a bootleg or a defect because I bought it on eBay instead of directly from TeeFury, but now I'm convinced that I should just stay away from prints on darker colored shirts altogether. I've already spent way too much on this site as it is.
8Comments
    163 weeks ago
    You should contact [email protected] if you are unhappy with a print.

All TeeFury prints are screenprinted, not heat transfers. Screenprinting on dark shirts works by printing a layer of white (sometimes called the under base) and then printing the other colors over it. This is what keeps the other ink colors bright and visible.

If you're seeing a slight white outline, that just means the registration is slightly off.

I am unsure why you think the design is an iron on. Can you elaborate? If it's thicker than your other prints, that is just because there's more ink on it.
    163 weeks ago
    It honestly feels like one of those cheap shirts you would get at Hot Topic that break up after you've worn them a lot, but maybe it won't feel like that one I've washed one of them? I'll get back to you on that, I'm not really interested in returning them or anything because I love them.
    163 weeks ago
    Just got my appetite for Eternia shirt, it's an iron on. So disappointed
    163 weeks ago
    kevonski said: Just got my appetite for Eternia shirt, it's an iron on. So disappointed

Every shirt we sell is a screenprint. Can you please elaborate on why you think it's an iron on? If you believe you have a misprint of some kind, please contact [email protected]
    162 weeks ago
    I got my Han Shot First shirt this weekend and I can say it is NOT an iron on. I screen print shirts all the time and it has a white underbase.
    162 weeks ago
    People complaining about stuff they do not really know about...That's what this sounds like to me.

As for my experience, the only TeeFury shirt I have that is really showing it's age is my "Major League Zombie", and it has a rather large, solid screen print of a basball bat weilding zombie slayer. You can see some cracks in the design, but that's because I wear it a lot and it is a heavy design.
    162 weeks ago
    WSCopic, I've been printing my own tees and selling them on the local boardwalk during the summer for two years. I'm fairly knowledgeable on the subject.

I just never knew companies screen printed onto lighter under bases, I just assumed that thick, crackly shirts were iron ons/heat transfers. Frankly I don't see how it's superior to just printing the design more than once... I don't understand why you would need a white under base, I have plenty of commercial, darker colored shirts that have very bright, perfectly visible designs that don't stretch or chip at all. I've also printed some of my own designs on darker shirts without these problems. The only value I ever have trouble printing is white, which goes back to what I said in the opening post.

Why not skip the under bases completely and just print the designs by themselves more than once? I guess registration could be an issue...

I received "Now That's a Hammer, Bro!" by Spiritgreen and "Buddha Bot v6.0" by John Sumrow. I love both, but they both also feel heavy... I was expecting the former to be like that because of it being printed on a dark shirt like "Han Shot First", but definitely not the latter. Under bases are needed on slade but not on turquoise? I don't get it.
    161 weeks ago
    If anyone with a womens small is unhappy enough with it to sell, I'll take it for sure.