Back to forum
rss 164 weeks ago
Because what's more "heavy metal" than a skull with a snake tongue?

about 90% finished on this one...

DeathEater design
35Comments
    164 weeks ago
    That's probably the coolest Harry Potter related thing I've ever seen. Great design, I love green on black. But I think it's just a little too dark, brighten it a bit and you've got a winner.
    164 weeks ago
    I just love anything harry potter related. I was never a fan of slytherin or death eaters; but that didn't stop me from buying the slytherin quidditch shirt a while back. I'd probably buy this one too. Harry Potter designs are auto-win; seems to appeal to so many people.. pancakes comin your way?
    164 weeks ago
    I was looking at this design on my phone earlier, doesn't look nearly as dark on my laptop. Disregard what I said earlier about it being too dark.
    164 weeks ago
    further changes...

DeathEater design_changes
    164 weeks ago
    definitely better. I thought the first one was great but this is better. The brighter green is closer to emerald and the stars are a bit shinier and therefore look almost close to silver to me. those are slytherin's colors so that's kinda fitting.

furthermore.. I'm not a huge heavy metal fan; that's the one thing from making me think twice about buying this shirt, but, is that font or word layout a reference to a specific band or something? i think i'd be more inclined to purchase i fully understood the design.
    164 weeks ago
    Wow that looks even better, I guess my criticism helped a lot after all! More than ready to print!
    164 weeks ago
    @ Scalf the input I got from you and Ian was most definitely appreciated!

@ jpsenior - it's just meant to show the similarities between heavy metal style art and the Death Eaters Mark. Think of "Death Eater" as a merc tee for a rock band of evil wizards lol
    164 weeks ago
    gotcha. just wanted to know if it were anything specific.
    164 weeks ago
    Looks amazing! Do you use certain brushes in Illustrator/Photoshop for all your work or is it all pretty much done with the pen tool?
    164 weeks ago
    I'm in line for this one!
    164 weeks ago
    this was all done in Corel Draw

straight up vector sh*t lol
    164 weeks ago
    I would buy this in a heartbeat.
    164 weeks ago
    Love this!! Would totally buy.
    162 weeks ago
    This is a great design. One that I think would have to be added to my wardrobe.
    162 weeks ago
    Im not into HP but i know an awesome design when i see one. GJ bud. You got my vote
    162 weeks ago
    Awesome design, although I'm not really connecting the parody aspect in the design itself. It looks just like I would expect the Death Eaters symbol to look. Maybe if you had the actual characters, like with rockstar hair, and Voldemort as frontman, that would complete the connection...
    162 weeks ago
    Love it I would buy this shirt!
    162 weeks ago
    f*cking excellent!
    162 weeks ago
    I think it would really help the design if the snake's outline was a different shade than the skull.
    Or it could just be my eyes...

It's so busy it took me a while to realize what it was, even with the updated version. It's a great design, but I think it could use some more gentle tweaking.
    Then again... I'm not a wizard... So... ;p

Still very cool! Once you know what you're looking at, it's pretty epic.
    *Coffee*
    162 weeks ago
    made some tweaks...

Photobucket
    162 weeks ago
    I would definitely buy this tee.
    162 weeks ago
    Awesome design! I think I prefer it slightly more with the text coloured instead of outlined, it differentiates it more from the actual drawing.
    162 weeks ago
    I am in love.
    162 weeks ago
    The newest design is excellent!
    The deepened colors are fantastic and even out the image. It has really drawn out the whole piece.

Bravo. :]
    162 weeks ago
    I personally disagree with spacemonkeydr, I think you've done a fine job as it is. Further stylizing it would seem over done I think.
  • Load More Comments