Back to forum
rss 178 weeks ago
I had a Royale with Cheese idea first, it was in my side art back in OCTOBER when I was printed and people were asking for it to be printed. I think it is lame that I submitted it, and asked about it being printed, was told to wait a while since they didn't want to print me so close together, and then you turn around and print someone else's version of MY IDEA that was asked about first when it was in my side art and submitted first.

Totally lame.
16Comments
    178 weeks ago
    !!
    178 weeks ago
    Stop complaining.

No but seriously, I'd be pissed too. I just can't see any of your side art, maybe it just isn't loading for me. Care to link the picture?
    178 weeks ago
    Imo, it all depends on how close the desings looks like to each other. Because I don't think that the idea itself of one hamburguer with the leyend "Royal with Cheese" be so hard to have as to deny a coincidence.

Can you show us your design?
    178 weeks ago
    I went for a more cartoon look. Also more subtle. I'll admit the one printed today is really good, it is just really frustrating to have an idea, have people ask for it, be told to wait a while, and then bam, someone else uses it and gets printed. And they messed it up with "Le"

royale201.gif
    royale202.jpg
    178 weeks ago
    It doesn't have to look like mine to be lame. I had the idea first back in October and people asked for it from my side art. I was told to wait.
    178 weeks ago
    This is a common idea, I've seen it before; but the bad part in my opinion is that they told you to wait and then printed the same idea from another artist and that's not cool.
    178 weeks ago
    Ben Yes Schwartz said: This is a common idea, I've seen it before; but the bad part in my opinion is that they told you to wait and then printed the same idea from another artist and that's not cool.

^ This is exactly what I think.
    178 weeks ago
    Did we tell you that we were going to print your Burger design and that we were waiting to print it? If so, you might have a reason to be upset, but I don't recall ever approving yours for print.

It's a common idea. I've probably seen at least 5 iterations of a Cheeseburger design in the last year. I see duplicate ideas all the time. Today's was the only one I felt was executed well enough that our community would be interested in purchasing it.

Resistance, you have great concepts, but your execution and art needs some refining.
    178 weeks ago
    jimiyo said: Did we tell you that we were going to print your Burger design and that we were waiting to print it? If so, you might have a reason to be upset, but I don't recall ever approving yours for print.

It's a common idea. I've probably seen at least 5 iterations of a Cheeseburger design in the last year. I see duplicate ideas all the time. Today's was the only one I felt was executed well enough that our community would be interested in purchasing it.

Resistance, you have great concepts, but your execution and art needs some refining.

I actually like Resistance's design better. Today's design was not a purchase for me. I have lurked here for a while, but signed up just to express my thoughts on this post.
    178 weeks ago
    to each his own I guess as I am not an administrator :)
    178 weeks ago
    Thank you for signing up!
    178 weeks ago
    No hard feelings, jimiyo. I got the impression for your response to me on twitter that you were interested and that I should wait to submit.
    178 weeks ago
    Maybe there was some miscommunication.

Waiting a bit after you get printed to submit more images would be a recommendation I would make, but that's more because we need to let other artists get some facetime too.

No worries.
    178 weeks ago
    I just looked at his other two designs on his profile and really liked them. I wouldn't have bought the declined burger one, but I would buy something along the lines of what you already did. They were pretty awesome.
    178 weeks ago
    I didn't buy yesterday's shirt EXACTLY because of the "le" in the design. It was "Royal with cheese" and "Le Big Mac." Two quotes got meshed together. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
    178 weeks ago
    Thanks clintp... I've submitted a lot of stuff along those lines... still no feedback or response. I'll keep tryin!