Back to forum
rss 164 weeks ago
Is there anything I can do to prevent shirts from shrinking and fading? I got the Ghostbuster Akbar shirt and it faded pretty bad after the first wash. I bought two more that are on the way and I would like to prevent that from happening as bad if possible.
11Comments
    164 weeks ago
    Man, continually hearing about stuff like this is bothering the hell out of me. I've purchased three shirts so far and I haven't even received one of them yet because of the slow shipping. I really hope they don't get ruined before I can even properly break them in...
    164 weeks ago
    I regularly wear (and wash -- I'm female :P) teefury shirts, and so far I've only had one do any fading: the one with all the Doctors piling out of the Tardis got some weird pale spots (on the order of 2cm x 4cm, irregular) on the blue of the shirt, not the design... aside from that, the shirts shrink a tiny bit, as all cotton jersey ones of that weight do, making them fit better, and nothing else has faded on me. My Admiral Akbar shirt didn't fade at all! Course I wash everything I like in max warm, and I don't put stuff in the dryer....
    164 weeks ago
    After the first wash, I let it hang dry, but it already got blotchy faded spots. What do you mean max warm? I wash all my clothes in cold cold to help with stuff of mine not shrinking. Have I been doing it wrong? :(
    164 weeks ago
    I wash in cold water and dry them at very dry myself, and nothing bad has ever happened to the shirts I have currently. One thing to point out, I've heard fabric softeners can fade and alter imprints beyond recognition, so I've never bothered with it. Apparently fabric softener makes fabric more flammable too, why the hell do people buy this stuff?

I've had some shirts for over three years now with not so much as a ripped stitch, I guess I'm lucky. Some shirts shrink a little bit but that's normal.
    164 weeks ago
    fabric softeners... ugh. we do use those. I will need to try washing my t-shirts separately and see how that does. thanks for the tip scafl.
    164 weeks ago
    I washed my Ackbar shirt the same way as my other teefury shirts, but after one wash, before I could even wear it, the black faded to grey and so you can not differentiate between the originally black und grey areas.
    "Lava Burn Ward" is still looking great after washing it several times.

Shound not every print survive normal machine washing? D:
    164 weeks ago
    It's really only my light colored shirts that have been fading. I think it's because they don't have the base coat of white underneath the colors like the dark shirts do. My "Expendable" shirt (which is on white) has faded a lot, but my "Bauer 2012" (on navy), which is about 6 months older still looks great.
    164 weeks ago
    I have several teefury t-shirts and was actually washing several in one load and ONLY the akbar one faded and I mean faded a LOT. So it can't have been the way I was washing it since it was the only one of the shirts to go.
    164 weeks ago
    I have many Teefury shirts and none of them are close to fading. I wash them inside out in cold water using Gain HE liquid detergent then hang dry. When they are dry I pop them in the dryer still inside out on air, no heat with a fabric softener sheet for about 10 minutes just to soften it up. Maybe the water in some areas is too harsh for the ink? I'm just taking a guess.
    164 weeks ago
    Maybe it's only the Ghostbuster Ackbar design that's fading like this. I wash all my tees in the same way and my Ackbar shirt is VERY faded after the first wash. My first Teefury shirt is washed in the same way and is fine after several washes. Strange and worrisome considering I have two more shirts on the way.
    163 weeks ago
    Ackbar shirt was my first shirt from here and it faded fast after one wash as well. and shipping is slow. i waiting on the Doc Fink shirt and the order status still says new.