Back to forum
image zipper
rss 165 weeks ago
Dear TeeFurians,

Over the past 12 months the world's cotton supply has been rocked by floods in Australia, India, and Pakistan. Because of these forces by our friend Mother Nature and the powers that be in the cotton world economy, the price of cotton today has reached an all-time high.

Here's the latest story in the Wall Street Journal:

http://on.wsj.com/hDukbN

To cut to the chase, TeeFury is in the business of selling t-shirts that are made out of.....you guessed it, cotton.

What does this mean for TeeFury?

The obvious - stop selling t-shirts and start selling plastic motorcycles. Joke, joke.

Ok - the real answer:

Starting Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 (EST), daily tees at TeeFury will be $10 and Grab Bag tees will be $6.

We know this isn't the best news for all of our loyal TeeFury fans and members and want you to know that we've resisted this for as long as we possibly could.

You can rest assured that TeeFury will continue to be the place you've grown to love with some of the coolest tees around.

Thanks for understanding and for helping us make TeeFury what it is today.

Lots of love,

The TeeFury Team
120Comments
    165 weeks ago
    Will you drop the price when the price of cotton drops?
    165 weeks ago
    Does this mean that when the price of cotton goes back down you will return to the previous prices?
    165 weeks ago
    This makes me sad.

While it is understandable, still very sad.
    165 weeks ago
    China is buying cotton and storing it in warehouses. I don't believe the price of cotton will ever drop back to early 2010 pricing. Tell all the farmers you know to plant cotton.
    165 weeks ago
    A $1 increase isn't bad. It's understandable with what's been going on in the world. So I happily pay $10 if I see a shirt I love.
    165 weeks ago
    One extra dollar isn't really anything to complain about. It's not like there's anywhere else I visit daily and get the coolest shirts I've ever seen for the cheapest prices I've ever seen ON a shirt!

As long as this site stays up and below $15.00, I'm all fine and dandy. (:
    165 weeks ago
    What Aiicyla said.
    165 weeks ago
    Gas prices shot up to record highs a few years ago, but have settled back down since then. I'm sure that cotton/shirt prices will go back down after the industry recovers from the floods.
    165 weeks ago
    Still cheaper than most other shirt sites! :-)
    165 weeks ago
    I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheaper to switch to bamboo or hemp fibre t-shirts. Bamboo fabric is so nice to wear.
    165 weeks ago
    As long as the total price with shipping stays under fifteen dollars, I should be fine. But I confess I may start screening my purchases even more now. I am going to have to really like the shirt. REALLY like it.
    165 weeks ago
    Aiicyla speaks truth.

Bottom line for me is Teefury is worth every penny. They give art back to the artist. That is undeniably where art belongs.

165 weeks ago
    Honestly, even though a one-digit price looks better than a two-digit one, $10 is still dirt-cheap, especially considering the great quality of these tees (and the cheap shipping). I'll happily pay an extra buck.
    165 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the positive responses Teefurians!

I was bummed when I heard the news from HQ as well.

Still Teefury prices are incredibly cheap, and we're established with talented artists so we've been able to procure the best pop culture art.

The curators and I will do our best to continue cherry picking the best designs we can find, to make sure ya'll get your dollars worth!

I've personally started to solicit some of our talented artists to create specific designs based on popular requests so we can differentiate ourselves from the same ole stuff that's starting to saturate the market because of the many copy cat shirt a day sites.

The rest of February is looking pretty good and March is looking even more epic.

We aim to please, and we strive to always to better.

Thanks for your support!
    165 weeks ago
    I'm fine with this, but I agree with what others said - if cotton prices drop, will you revert to the old price? Still cheap, and its not like $1 is an astronomical difference.
    165 weeks ago
    I'd be fine with the $10 price tag if the shipping wasn't so much in comparison to w00t...

Eh, still they have decent designs and I'm sure if something SCREAMS to be bought the $1 won't make a difference. But I'll be $1 more hesitant to actually buy something though.
    165 weeks ago
    im glad jimiyo responded within 8 minutes of questions shows a good community
    165 weeks ago
    I agree with Aiicyla, $1 more is not bad at all. As long as the price hovers around where it is I can't complain. $10 for truly awesome shirts that elsewhere would likely be $20 to $30 is an amazing deal.
    165 weeks ago
    You guys are still cheaper than any other site.
    165 weeks ago
    I'm OK with it. It's just 100 pennies. ;)
    165 weeks ago
    I hope the price doesnt go up again =(. Im fine with the dollar increase for now, but the second this site hits 15 bucks a shirt i'll be really upset. I understand economy, but i love the awesomeness of this community and hope it doesnt become a corporate scheme to rob us for our money. I will continue purchasing shirts tho, you guys never seem to fail me.
    165 weeks ago
    Well with this price increase, I think it's teefury's responsibility to step up their game a bit. Buying a shirt for under ten dollars used to attract impulse purchases, but now those figures will decline. Teefury should be more selective about what designs they approve and listen to customer feedback and suggestions more often. In the long run, teefury is going to have to do more in order to get more.
    165 weeks ago
    It's okay, I still love you Teefury. :P
    165 weeks ago
    Start making tees with a % of recycled plastic? It's possible…

First reply = best question: will you drop the price when the price of cotton drops?

Drop the price of shipping by 50¢ to compensate? *smirk*
    165 weeks ago
    hmmm first the shipping prices and now the T's as well :(

that makes me sad. Now I can't have as many shirts.

:( :( :( :( /5
  • Load More Comments