Back to forum
rss 165 weeks ago
Hey guys, I've been making a design themed around Kubrick and his more iconic movies, and this is what I've come up with so far:

What do you think of it? D'you think anything else can be added?
12Comments
    165 weeks ago
    AWESOME! This design is really great. I think that if you can fit a Spartacus reference in there and maybe add some color, you'll have the perfect tribute to Kubrick.
    165 weeks ago
    Yeah I really want a Spartacus reference! Can't think what iconic visual I can add that will fit in with the piece though. Can you think of any?

And yeah, I'm currently playing around with colour, will post with updates soon!
    165 weeks ago
    Here's what I've got with colours so far:

doneblueres.jpg
    doneorangeres.jpg
    donegreenres.jpg
    165 weeks ago
    Awesome shirt. Instant buy for me ...
    165 weeks ago
    It's difficult to find any iconic images for Spartacus, other than the image of him on horseback with his sword drawn, which is usually the cover art of any video release of the film. Perhaps you could make a silhouette of that and use it.

Honestly though, the most iconic part of the film is his famous quote: "I am Spartacus". Here's a suggestion: if you don't want to use that quote you can write "I am Kubrick" and put it on the top or bottom of your design thus acknowledging the film and tying up the Kubrick theme with the rest of your design.

Also, I think I like the black image the best, but maybe just change the shirt color...

I hope this helps, good luck!
    165 weeks ago
    Yeah I agree, the black image is my favourite too.
    I'll try on some different tee colours now! Really cool idea with the slogan too! Thanks!
    165 weeks ago
    shirtmockupblue.jpg
    shirtmockupgreen.jpg
    shirtmockuplightblue.jpg
    shirtmockupred.jpg
    165 weeks ago
    shirtmockupslog.jpg
    165 weeks ago
    All of those mock-ups are great. I absolutely love your design and if you can get teefury to print this, you definitely have a purchase from me. Keep up the good work!
    165 weeks ago
    In my opinion the design sans lettering is fantastic. It's still good with the words but I feel like it takes away from the artwork. I know it smurfs to leave out a reference but trying to force it in when it works so well as is would be overkill. Plus there's no way you'll be able to get all of his films included.

Now, If this were printed as the first black on light blue shirt you posted I would instantly buy it. It just works so perfectly with the Dr. Strangelove planes and that sets all of the other references into motion. If it were on any other color, I'd still probably buy it. =P

It's an amazing shirt and I love it!
    165 weeks ago
    Rapto said: In my opinion the design sans lettering is fantastic. It's still good with the words but I feel like it takes away from the artwork. I know it smurfs to leave out a reference but trying to force it in when it works so well as is would be overkill. Plus there's no way you'll be able to get all of his films included.

Now, If this were printed as the first black on light blue shirt you posted I would instantly buy it. It just works so perfectly with the Dr. Strangelove planes and that sets all of the other references into motion. If it were on any other color, I'd still probably buy it. =P

Yeah I like the letteri
    165 weeks ago
    tommybabes said:
    Rapto said: In my opinion the design sans lettering is fantastic. It's still good with the words but I feel like it takes away from the artwork. I know it smurfs to leave out a reference but trying to force it in when it works so well as is would be overkill. Plus there's no way you'll be able to get all of his films included.

Yeah I like the letteri

Woops not sure what happened there.

As I was saying, I like the lettering too, but I've decided to leave it out from the final design, I prefer the cleaner design as well.

I've submitted it to TeeFury! Decided to send them the design on grey as seen in the first post, but told them it looks good on other colours too.

Thanks a lot for the comments!!