Back to forum
rss 183 weeks ago
Just thinking outloud.

Pop culture MashedPotato of Teefury characters?
23Comments
    183 weeks ago
    good idea, but us teefurians are spread thin around the world. and getting other people to identify us will be difficult. i want a regular teefury logo tee that would be avaible anytime!!
    183 weeks ago
    Since they've already made so much money as it is, why don't the top earning contributors all collaborate on a TeeFury charity shirt? All the proceeds would go toward helping out a deserving charity or foundation. I'd definitely tell everyone I knew to get in on it and I think it would bring the site a lot more positive attention in general.
    183 weeks ago
    Storyman said: good idea, but us teefurians are spread thin around the world. and getting other people to identify us will be difficult. i want a regular teefury logo tee that would be avaible anytime!!

That was talked about in a meeting recently. Should be something coming out in the near future.
    183 weeks ago
    All sounds cool, count me in!
    183 weeks ago
    I'd so love this. Put it to paper! Gittir Done!
    Also, diggin' the ability to get on a regular basis, a TeeFury logo shirt.
    I'm not all up in arms about brand shirts at all. I wear what I want. People wanna judge, that's their idiocy.

I still need me a Teevil shirt. I've tried SO hard to even get one off of that trading tee site. It's all just talk. No one ever comes thru or responds. At least for me. *sigh*

So, back on topic. Yes. Please do a MashedPotato of POP and Furystance!
    183 weeks ago
    Scafl said: Since they've already made so much money as it is, why don't the top earning contributors all collaborate on a TeeFury charity shirt? All the proceeds would go toward helping out a deserving charity or foundation. I'd definitely tell everyone I knew to get in on it and I think it would bring the site a lot more positive attention in general.
    Cool idea.
    183 weeks ago
    Good ideas! I'm game!
    183 weeks ago
    Scafl said: Since they've already made so much money as it is, why don't the top earning contributors all collaborate on a TeeFury charity shirt? All the proceeds would go toward helping out a deserving charity or foundation. I'd definitely tell everyone I knew to get in on it and I think it would bring the site a lot more positive attention in general.

I think this is a cool idea, and I'd be interested in being involved. As long as TeeFury would also be willing to donate all of their profits, I'm sure artists would be happy to donate their work.
    183 weeks ago
    Im in :D
    183 weeks ago
    if I get to make a Snooki bird, I'm in
    183 weeks ago
    dudley53 said:
    Cool idea.

i totally agree this would be a great idea,
    but i understand these artists are not rolling in it so i totally understand the need for maybe only 50 % of the proceeds for charity etc whatever it maybe, but yes this is great,
    183 weeks ago
    ianleino said:

I think this is a cool idea, and I'd be interested in being involved. As long as TeeFury would also be willing to donate all of their profits, I'm sure artists would be happy to donate their work.

well done you sir.
    183 weeks ago
    I would love to do be involved in this, too!
    183 weeks ago
    Sounds like fun! count me in.
    183 weeks ago

good suggestion

it would also make it easier to layout the tee

one of the mods could oversee it
    183 weeks ago
    Count me in.
    183 weeks ago
    noiselessness said: I would love to do be involved in this, too!

Oops, haha...started writing one thing and forgot to get rid of the "do" when I changed my mind on how I wanted to phrase it. I do that waaaaaay too often! Anyway, to be clear...count me in! :D
    183 weeks ago
    jimiyo said:
    Storyman said: good idea, but us teefurians are spread thin around the world. and getting other people to identify us will be difficult. i want a regular teefury logo tee that would be avaible anytime!!

That was talked about in a meeting recently. Should be something coming out in the near future.

just want to let you know: if you make a teefury shirt, I will buy it instantly. if you make it in different colors, I would literally buy every color. so uh, hint hint c:
    183 weeks ago
    I am sorry, but I find Scafl's suggestion that the Top Earners *should* do be involved in a non-profit design presumptions. While I completely support the idea of tees for charity, it is completely unfair to be voluntold to do something by a third party. Particularly on the basis that they have "made so much money as it is".

I personally do not know the career situations of any of the Top Earners, however, as a person who supplements my menial income with my art, I understand that this classification of "so much money" is actually not very much when compared to a 9-5 pay stub. Some of the designers on this site state in their interviews that they work freelance - this "so much money" may be their paycheck, not their pocket change. To say someone should give something away because of such a broad assumption of how earnings from tshirt designs factor into a persons income puts these Top Earners in a very awkward position of being expected to give something away for free. A position which some may not have space in their schedule or budget to hold.

Doing something for charity should be out of a personal passion to support something you believe in. Not because someone said you should and rallied support of your peer group. I am 100% for TeeFury having some fundraiser shirts. But I hope this would come from commitment to a cause.

Again, I do not speak on behalf of the Top Earners, nor do I know any personally. I just felt like the Devils Advocate argument needed to be put forth in light of the afore mentioned suggestion.
    183 weeks ago
    styggie said: I am sorry, but I find Scafl's suggestion that the Top Earners *should* do be involved in a non-profit design presumptions. While I completely support the idea of tees for charity, it is completely unfair to be voluntold to do something by a third party. Particularly on the basis that they have "made so much money as it is".

I personally do not know the career situations of any of the Top Earners, however, as a person who supplements my menial income with my art, I understand that this classification of "so much money" is actually not very much when compared to a 9-5 pay stub. Some of the designers on this site state in their interviews that they work freelance - this "so much money" may be their paycheck, not their pocket change. To say someone should give something away because of such a broad assumption of how earnings from tshirt designs factor into a persons income puts these Top Earners in a very awkward position of being expected to give something away for free. A position which some may not have space in their schedule or budget to hold.

Doing something for charity should be out of a personal passion to support something you believe in. Not because someone said you should and rallied support of your peer group. I am 100% for TeeFury having some fundraiser shirts. But I hope this would come from commitment to a cause.

Again, I do not speak on behalf of the Top Earners, nor do I know any personally. I just felt like the Devils Advocate argument needed to be put forth in light of the afore mentioned suggestion.
    I'm sorry I apparently offended you. I apologize for my wording but I never said others couldn't participate or that the top earners should be forced to do something they don't want to do. I thought the top earners doing the shirt out of the kindness of their hearts was... kind of a giving. Presumptuousness is contagious I guess.
    183 weeks ago
    Just FYI about most of our artists like Ian Leino.

They are freelancers. Ian and other artists have told me that the market is somewhat slow at the moment.

If you consider that being self employed they have to take about 30% or more to cover taxes, health insurance, self promotion/website marketing, etc, they might not be raking it in as much as you think.

Also the income listed on the submit page is cumulative over the past couple years.

ANYWAYS.

Still deliberating with the staff about the project.
    183 weeks ago
    jimiyo said: Just FYI about most of our artists like Ian Leino.

They are freelancers. Ian and other artists have told me that the market is somewhat slow at the moment.

If you consider that being self employed they have to take about 30% or more to cover taxes, health insurance, self promotion/website marketing, etc, they might not be raking it in as much as you think.

Also the income listed on the submit page is cumulative over the past couple years.

ANYWAYS.

Still deliberating with the staff about the project.

Please do :) im starting to pick up steam in the shirt market with my art and i just love the chance to make something awesome :)
    182 weeks ago
    I'm in no matter what.