Back to forum
rss 184 weeks ago
Anybody else disappointed with their "Four Ninjas In This Shirt" Shirt? Gray ninja on black shirt print. Sigh... I thought it would be more subtle, like black on black.

This doesn't change the fact that I am a loyal TF customer. I just wanted to vent about my least favorite order.
14Comments
    184 weeks ago
    Could you post a picture?? Mine hasn't gotten here yet...
    184 weeks ago
    PICS
    OR IT
    DIDN'T
    HAPPEN!
    184 weeks ago
    Isn't it suppose to glow in the dark or something? That's where the fourth ninja is... I think...
    184 weeks ago
    christy_s25 said: Isn't it suppose to glow in the dark or something? That's where the fourth ninja is... I think...

To my knowledge, Teefury has one done one shirt with glow in the dark ink which was Know your Enemies:

http://www.teefury.com/archive/730/Know_Your_Enemies/

I'm curious as to why Teefury hasn't done it again.

I was really tempted to buy the Four Ninjas shirt but decided against it. Has anyone confirmed that it is grey ink?
    184 weeks ago
    Got mine today. The print is indeed a medium grey. I actually like the way it came out, but it isn't the way it was described as "a black print on black shirt".

It looks exactly the way it does in the gallery...
    184 weeks ago
    (the print is a lot larger than pictured, though... but the colors are exactly as pictured)
    184 weeks ago
    I got mine in the mail today too and it is gray on black as in the picture not black on black as in the description. I am very dissapointed. It's false advertising. I'm definitely going to be sending them an email. I am one unsatisfied customer.
    184 weeks ago
    Vlad_Impaler said: I got mine in the mail today too and it is gray on black as in the picture not black on black as in the description. I am very dissapointed. It's false advertising. I'm definitely going to be sending them an email. I am one unsatisfied customer.

No matter what you say about the shirt you could clearly see what it looked like in the image. Sure the description was wrong. Would a photo of said t-shirt be fake? No. I honestly can't bring myself to feel sorry at all.
    184 weeks ago
    From what I understood, the whole gimmick of the shirt was the fact that it would be very subtle, as stated by Teefury, "the most subtle design we've ever printed". What I also understood from the description was that the print would be black on a black shirt.

That being said, it was also my understanding that the image was only displayed in grey so that we could see the design, otherwise it would have been a plain black shirt on the main page w/o any art.

Honestly, I think the grey is a better choice from an aesthetic point of view, but it does not fit in with the gimmick of the ninjas "hiding" in the shirt.

Maybe the printing didn't endup being as successful as they had imagined... Not sure what the deal is, but would like to hear from Teefury about this "issue."
    184 weeks ago
    doc_b said:
    No matter what you say about the shirt you could clearly see what it looked like in the image. Sure the description was wrong. Would a photo of said t-shirt be fake? No. I honestly can't bring myself to feel sorry at all.

As Trey said it was supposed to be "the most subtle design we've ever printed." A large grey on black image of ninjas is not very subtle at all.

Plus the description said black image on a black shirt. If that wasn't correct they should have said so in the comments on the day it was available. If you go back and look at the comments from that day you'll see that 90% of them are excited about that aspect of the shirt. They could have nipped it in the bud right then.

And the "photo" of the shirt was a photoshop mockup. Haven't you ever noticed that the models are always in the exact same positions, exact same expressions on their face. They do that so you have an idea of what the shirt is going to look like. Also as Trey said it seemed understood that they showed it in gray simply so we would know what the image actually looked like.

I sent Teefury an email this morning but their office is only open Monday through Friday so hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.
    183 weeks ago
    Agreed. I bought this just cause of the black on black print. Wish it would have came out that way
    183 weeks ago
    same here. i didn't really care for the design and bought solely because i thought black in on black would look cool. this is my eighth teefury shirt and my first disappointment.
    182 weeks ago
    This is the email I got back after I emailed Teefury complaining about the shirt not being printed as described:

Teefury said: Thanks for your email. We should of edited the artists description on the side bar, since we could not fulfill his request to print Black on Black. That is why the mock-up was a dark gray on our site. Please let me know if you would like to return the shirt for a refund. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrew

Through further correspondence I asked if I could exchange the shirt for one I missed and they said I could and emailed me a form to fill out and include in the package. So that's an option.

Then yesterday I decided to email the artist Zerobriant about the issue. Imagine my surprise when I got this email back from him:

Zerobriant said: Oh my, I am so sorry to hear that...I specifically told them to print it black on black, I even wrote it everywhere,
    I haven't received my shirt yet, that is why i do not know..i hope they will do something about it.

So they apparently didn't even tell the artist they were changing his design. I emailed him back and told him the only option they gave was to return it. He said he's going to be submitting it to overthere and will specifically ask for black on black.

I found through his website that he has it available at Redbubble and it looks to be the proper version but with shipping it'll be almost 3 times the Teefury cost. He also said in another email that he was going to try Zazzle and I just checked and it's on there but if you're buying a black shirt it's cost is around the same as r Redbubble.

Now I've just got to convince my wife and that it's a good idea to buy a hooded sweatshirt with this design on it from one of those places. :)
    182 weeks ago
    Count me in as another slightly disappointed customer. I love the shirt and I intend to keep it, but I too got the shirt based on the "black on black" description in the sidebar.

Ah well. It's still a kick-ass shirt... and maybe after it fades with time, the ninjas will disappear into the background. ;)