Back to forum
rss 171 weeks ago
Hey guys!

I've noticed that a bunch of us (I include me in this) have been asking about DW and Torchwood shirts that have a more "subtle" reference. As I have some time to mess around with designs, I was wondering if you all had any ideas you'd suggest. What reference or subtle joke would you like to see on a design in the upcoming months?

If you've been playing around with an idea yourself, go ahead and post the picture. If it's just an idea that you will in the future start playing with, I'd suggest putting a note down so that the rest of us don't accidentally steal your idea.

Thanks and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
15Comments
    171 weeks ago
    I would love pretty much anything Saxon. Maybe a "sound of drums" or a "knock four times" shirt.
    171 weeks ago
    Just spitting out ideas.

1) Bad Wolf Corporation
    2) A crack. Just a simple crack on a black tee.
    3) Jelly Babies. >.>
    4) The Seal of Rassilon (my icon)
    171 weeks ago
    5) A shirt that just has the word "LOOMS." XD
    171 weeks ago
    JeffBreak's been working on a defaced Vote Saxon shirt.
    171 weeks ago
    Hmmmm....something including the rift/Cardiff and a certain Doctor. Throw in a pterodactyl for fun :o)
    171 weeks ago
    But, I must say...looking at the framed print above my desk, I do really like the simple Torchwood Institute logo on what appears to be a dirty basement wall...just sayin.....It's hanging next to the "To Victory!" Dalek print....nuff said.
    171 weeks ago
    Anything with Don't Blink would be epic, those are some of my favourite episodes both with the tenth and eleventh Doctor :)
    169 weeks ago
    something with the pterodactyl. Maybe flying in front of the water tower.
    169 weeks ago
    I actually made a thread about this, and if you would look at it I'd be very happy, because it has my Torchwood shirt design ideas on it, and I'm too lazy to type them out.
    And atreydies, one of them has something to do with the pterodactyl.
    169 weeks ago
    Something from trad. who, preferably. The new stuff is all well and good, but it is nothing compared to the old. Something from a Doctor-era not typically portrayed would be dandy; so not new and not T. Baker (although he is the Doctor. Definite article. ^_~)

Perhaps something with ruffles to represent Pertwee, or a mock-up of Colin's brightness, or an incorporation of a particularly note-worthy quote. Granted, the first two may not exactly be subtle but I'd still love to see them done.

I'd particularly like to see a 'from gray to the rainbow' shirt. Someone (not sure who) did a fan art by snagging a pic of Troughton (in black& white) and a picture of Colin (in all of his bright glory) and combined them together quite wonderfully. I'm not sure how this could be accomplished for a shirt print; I was thinking of a shirt with Patrick (or something to represent him) on the front and Colin (or something to represent him) on the back. Not sure how well that would work, though.

Another idea would be a full-circle shirt, from a grouch to a grouch. Bill being the first grouch of course, and each Doctor to Colin being represented by something iconic of their personality until we arrive back at Colin the Grouch (completing the circle). Again, not really sure how to develop this idea into something workable; I'm afraid I'm not much of a designer.

But yeah. I'd love to see something about Bill, Patrick, Jon, Peter, Colin, Sylvester, or Paul.

Course, we could always have a more generic shirt. Perhaps one of an x-rayed chest revealing the two hearts, and a stethoscope around the neck. 'Course, he's not a medical doctor and so wouldn't have a reason to wear one but it could be representative of another Gallifreyan. xshrugsx

Oh, and if anyone has a surplus 'The Doctor Was Here' shirt in WS or WM, I'd be interested in buying. =)
    169 weeks ago
    Oh, and the personality idea inspired me. Not sure this is the best concept in the world, but meow. The Doctors' faces forming a question mark, including all of the Doctors. Starting with Bill as the beginning of the question mark and ending with Matt Smith as the dot. Although, again, not exactly subtle.

Or, we could always just have a plain white button up with red embroidered question marks on the collar (or a more off-white color if you wanted to go with the beginning of the trend, Tom Baker style). Course, the shirts here aren't actually button-ups so it would have to be a mock-up. Not sure how that would look in practice. Looks alright in my mind, though. xP
    159 weeks ago
    I would like something that portrays Bad Wolf as a real corporation. Any reference to the crack would be good as well, or a simple picture of fish fingers and custard.
    159 weeks ago
    You can make a reference to the bow ties and fezzes (associated with the 11th doctor), or you can make a reference to how the 10th doctor wears his glasses to make him look clever.
    159 weeks ago
    I'd like to see a mock fighting game character select screen with the phrase Choose Your Doctor.

Of course, being the manliest Doctors, 3rd Doctor and 9th Doctor must be the Doctors selected. As has been stated, we all love T. Baker, Tennant and Smith but other Doctors need love too.
    159 weeks ago
    I'd really like to see some old school Cybermen tee designs. Earthshock types are good but I'd especially love some tenth planet Cybies or Invasion types.