Back to forum
rss 300 weeks ago
Photobucket
Photobucket

Going for more of a representational design here than realistic. Just curious what you guys think I should do to improve on it.
19Comments
    300 weeks ago
    I think this was supposed to go in Art & Design....
    300 weeks ago
    I enjoy the white version more, if you go into color, maybe try cut out shapes, the styles clash with the soft coloring and sharp white shapes. Other then that, nice work, since you're looking on improvements, maybe going further into the ocean, a few more different layers of shapes/lines? I dunno. Either way, nice work.
    300 weeks ago
    Cool, thanks! Maybe geometric shapes with hard edges for the colors? And do you mean going further down the shirt with the ocean? Thanks again those are some good ideas.
    300 weeks ago
    I agree - while gradients arent to hard to screen print - some times they can take away from shapes with firm edges. I think the lines look cool - can you add something to it in the same style? for example can you hide something in the clouds, water or mountains? would be neat to take the design a step further and incorporate something to bring it all together.
    300 weeks ago
    I completely agree with Arrow's comment.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you find your blank tee template?
    300 weeks ago
    Yeah, you just need to edit the tags. They were done by JamesCho for wooters.

It's a big file.
    300 weeks ago
    yea, hard edge colors would be dope, maybe offset a little keeping the white visible throughout. As for the idea of expanding down into the ocean, I was just seeing maybe a fish layer then coral layers, possibly even going a layer underground? It's a sweet idea, wish I had come up with it. Either way, a little expansion like Layne said would give it exactly what it needs for printing, to me.
    300 weeks ago
    I'm working on a couple variations and I should have them up tonight.
    300 weeks ago
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Throwing a variations out there.
    300 weeks ago
    Those variations up there are nice. I like the first variation more than the second. [:

The splotchy-ness looks neat.
    300 weeks ago
    Thanks Puni. Yeah I spent more time on the first one with the distress and whatnot. The second one is keeping with the simplicity of the whole design. But I do like the first one better, too.
    300 weeks ago
    good to see the color changes, I also dig that distressed look, nice placement as well.
    300 weeks ago
    love the second one! I need more blue shirts like that...
    300 weeks ago
    Last pic is win. Keep going in that direction for sure.
    300 weeks ago
    I really like the first version you posted. I would definitely buy one.
    300 weeks ago
    Thanks guys for your support ;) I'm glad both designs appeal to people.
    300 weeks ago
    I really like both the variations, but if I had to choose one of those, I would go with the first.
    300 weeks ago
    Its OK, Id wear it, but I'd probably not be willing to spend more then 5 bucks on it. you know what would make the first design a bit sweater? if you placed a yellow radial halftone behind the clouds as a sun
    300 weeks ago
    Normally people complain when I try to incorporate halftones. But I'll see about working it in.