Back to forum
rss 172 weeks ago
Or is it just me?
I got my first shirt yesterday in the mail and I found the shirt to run really large and really long! Has anyone else felt the same way?
I got the smallest possible girls size and I usually wear a small.
Once I fix the dryer, I'll pop it in there after a good was inside out in cold water and hope for the best.
I love this shirt to death and will take it in if I have to!!
39Comments
    172 weeks ago
    Hmmm, I don't fell the same way. I usually wear M and it fits perfect. Maybe you got a wrong size?
    172 weeks ago
    I don't just agree with you, @Ally_Cat, but also I have been noticing a huge size difference between tees than are, on paper, all WS. I have five tees from Tee Fury so far and just one of them is as I would describe like WS. In fact, two of them are really close to a WM in my opinion.

Tomorrow I would like to add some pictures so please stay tuned if you're interested.
    172 weeks ago
    I had this problem when I made my first order. I usually take a medium, so I checked the measurements and ordered mediums from here. They were huge!!

I just got my grab bag today, all in small, and they all fit me (Yay!).

Maybe it's time for a size XS made available for ladies? Guys get 2XL, we should get an extra size too...but on the opposite end of the scale ^_^
    172 weeks ago
    Hi ladies,

Please post which design, and what size so we can investigate further.

There's a possibility that when the printer's sew in the labels, they might have grabbed a stack from the wrong size. Or aliens came and used a shrink gun on them.... there could be a myriad of reasons, but we'll look into it.
    172 weeks ago
    There is a comparison between LightKatana Fight and Kingdom Animalia, the larger and smaller I have received respectively on WS.

47522916.jpg

61143911.jpg

21505645.jpg

15754957.jpg

71512390.jpg

22663233.jpg

Both are still unworn and, of course, unwashed (is freaking cold outside hehe).

I would really appreciate it if you guys could take care of this problem. Thanks :-).
    172 weeks ago
    Also, based on my experience:

Boo and Lightkatana Fight → The larger WS I have never seen.
    Steamboat Mario → In the average.
    Q of Glam and Kingdom Animalia → A couple of WS really tights. For this reason, my personal favourite.

Soon I would be able to complete this little statistical study with Awaken Your Inner Beast and Old Boy.
    172 weeks ago
    I have had some problems with variance as well. My first Teefury buy was a Mens L because I thought a Womens XL might be too small, but it was way to big.

But I have 3 Womens XL shirts now, only two of which i can wear.

I have the Ape Kong which fits like a glove and is great.
    The I Drive 88mph shirt which is a little restricting on the chest region but can be worn with some slight wrinkling.
    and the Greenman shirt (which I actually bought, not received in a grab bag and was excited for) that I can not get over my chest region without feeling like I am going to explode!!
    172 weeks ago
    I haven't noticed any differences in Women's Large sizes. I have about 15-20 of them, But then again I buy them large just in case they shrink. I like the fact that they are long, that's why I keep buying so many of them. Lol.

The only shirt that I've been a little disappointed with the quality is "Expendable", which was printed a few months ago. The ink was different compared to the other shirts I've gotten from here. It was more like Dye than screen printing. It's faded quite badly now. It's such a shame since it's one of my favorite shirts that TeeFury's produced.
    172 weeks ago
    Yeah, I have noticed some weirdness with the sizes recently. One of the Doctor Who designs came in and it was really snug. The shirt I bought after it was slightly big though. All my purchases before those two fit normal. They were all WS. Todays shirt is so awesome I am wondering if I should buy both a Small and a Medium just to make sure I get the right size!
    172 weeks ago
    I've noticed a size difference with some of my tees... I ordered the Nerdfighteria t-shirt (first one!) in a WM, found it a little big, it shrank no problem. My grab bag came yesterday with the 88 MPH and the Tusken Pride shirts, both in WM. I held them up against each other, and the 88 mph one is a little bigger and the sleeves are a different style. I think it'll be fixable with a little shrinkage, but it was weird... and I held them both up to the first shirt I ordered and they're all different lengths as well, with the 88 MPH shirt being the longest and the biggest. Weird...
    172 weeks ago
    I recently received the Count the Shadows Doctor Who and Tuskan Raiders shirts in Women's Large that are much larger then my 5 other Women's Large shirts. Teefury won't replace them and I'm really upset. Were these both an accident or has the sizing changed? This new "large" is a good two inches bigger on all sizes. I measured it and it doesn't even match any sizes on the sizing chart.

As you can see this Count the Shadows is definitely not the same size as the other ones.
    http://flic.kr/p/96BxfR
    http://flic.kr/p/96EAmE
    172 weeks ago
    Ok then. It's obvious that we need an explanation and, even more important, find a solution.

I'm looking forward one staff's response.
    172 weeks ago
    Thanks for posting ladies. I'm communicating with production/fulfillment and owners for a resolve. Please be patient with us.

We did recently start picking up Cream/Natural as a new color from a new vendor, so that might be the difference in the dark chocolate vs cream. We go by the specifications given to us by the vendor.
    172 weeks ago
    I received a response and was told I can return the shirt for a refund. Umm, I'm not gonna spend money to ship the shirt back for a refund. Why can't I just get a replacement in the correct size? I'd be willing to spend shipping for that but if not I should get a refund without having to do anything for it since it wasn't my fault.

Is this going to be the new sizing for the Women's Large, because I just ordered two new shirts and if they come two sizes too big I really don't want to have to go back and forth, waiting three days between emails for a response only to be told I have to spend more money to have it "resolved".
    172 weeks ago
    ... So I compared the sizes of my previous TeeFury shirts and the shirts I just got which are Evolved From the Dead, 88MPH and Tusken's Pride. Honestly there's not that much of a difference. it's about an inch longer on the sleeves, and an inch and a half longer at the bottom. It's really not that big of a deal to me, and I'm not sure if maybe XS, S, M, L and XL are more than an inch off, but honestly I'm really not upset about it, and I didn't even notice until you guys pointed it out here.
    172 weeks ago
    jimiyo said: Thanks for posting ladies. I'm communicating with production/fulfillment and owners for a resolve. Please be patient with us.

Thank you :-).

When you have it, could you give us extra information about the batch affected?. Until now seems pretty random. Maybe is in relation with the colors or are just the lastest designs?.
    171 weeks ago
    Just in case is helpful I wanna let you know I have received my Old Boy in WS and is as tight as Q of Glam or Kingdom Animalia -- maybe even more.

If you're interested I could make a couple of pics. Anyway, for me, just awesome :-).
    171 weeks ago
    I'll just throw my two cents in here. It's not just WS. I've always ordered men's medium, and my latest is significantly larger than previous shirts. It's weird, I opened the package and at first I thought they had sent me two since it was so bulky. Now, reality my differ from my gut reaction, but this thing fits me like a tent. To be honest I probably won't wear it that often because of the size, and I will certainly think twice about ordering more shirts (which my wife would be happy about since I have a bit of a tee buying "problem").
    167 weeks ago
    Any news?.
    167 weeks ago
    I've been buying Women's Mediums- 4 teeshirts bought:

1) Abercrombie and Quidditch- normal size
    2) Angry pancakes- normal size
    3) You've been Outcreeped - very large. shrunk in wash (didn't know about this recurring problem at that point). Still a bit large, but wearable.
    4) Exterminate- reasonably large (will shrink in wash, presumably)

I'm fine with it- I'll just wash them as many times as I can and possibly bring out the old sewing kit if I really get tired of it- but this is just so you know...
    161 weeks ago
    Hi! I haven't been on in a while.. but my shirt was the Who Watches The Watchmen... and it totally felt like a Medium, and has not shrunk. I am pretty large chested, so Smalls are usually quite snug and comfy. I will take pics asap and post them here. I am awaiting 2 more random shirts in the mail (womens small) and purchasing another womans small tonight. Will let you know :D thanks!
    160 weeks ago
    I love that they are long (personally) I have large breasts and so I always have to order a size larger through the internet so just in case they dont come up short. But with the teefury shirts I can stick to my regular size!

However I have noticed some variance on the length and positioning of the sleeves!

Just got these in the mail for the grab bag. All the same size in womens, never washed, and fresh out of the mail...and everything else lines up perfectly, however 2 have the smaller arm length and 1 is longer.

The shirts

Personally I prefer the longer, but thats just my preference!
    160 weeks ago
    I've noticed some size difference. I have two shirts, both on black. One is the Hell Horse and the other is the Doctor Who Count the Shadows one. The DW shirt is cut way different and is bigger than the Hell Horse. Both are size large. I really like the way both fit, depending on the day. I'm just annoyed that the DW shirt seems to be pilling on occasion. I'm afraid it won't last as long.
    160 weeks ago
    I agree completely! My first shirt I ever got was the Prydon Academy one, and it's too big but still within the measurements given for a Women's Small. But the ones I've gotten since have always been very large compared to previous shirts. It would be amazing it these shirts came in an XS for women who are much smaller than the small size allows for...
    160 weeks ago
    I did a little write up since I took a few pics- you can find them all in my blog here:
    http://allystration.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-teefury.html
    The Watchmen shirt I bought was REALLY wide. Like really wide, which is why I initially asked the question.. the shirt has been worn and washed, and washed again, and dried three more times in an attempt to shrink the shirt to my size before I ran over it with my sewing machine. I love the begeebies out of that shirt and get so many complements (I work at a comic shop and apparently people in dive bars love that kind of stuff, too)
    Anyway- hope this helps! :)
  • Load More Comments