Back to forum
rss 287 weeks ago
after typing out my thoughts under todays shirt 'into the wild' (shibbiy), i realized that was the wrong place to be ranting. my rant was about color options on shirts. so heres what i was saying:

i know this would complicate things a whole lot, but i would love to see a color scheme option for orders... with a shirt like this (into the wild), the color really is the deciding factor between a 'buy' and a 'pass' (at least for me it is). maybe a drop down menu on the side (near where you pick your shirt size), listing the color variations for the shirt being sold (and maybe a link to open a window with the shirt with that color variation so people can decide for themselves which color scheme they like best).

ex: Into The Wild
      Black//Yellow [link] <--(would open a separate window
      Blue//White    [link]                    with a picture of the shirt
      Red//Green    [link]                                         in that color)

just my thoughts! :)
thumbs up? thumbs down? let me know
3Comments
    287 weeks ago
    I'm not sure I agree. As an artist, I like to decide what color the art/shirts are. Maybe it's just me, though. I guess I feel that I spend so much time having to please clients (make logos bigger, make colors "pop" more, aka "making it yellow/red",etc.) that I view shirt design as a selfish, creative escape.
    287 weeks ago
    I agree with SG, and what you didnt realize jecrt is that the color options he mentioned were chosen by the artist.
    287 weeks ago
    right shibbiy. im not saying the 'clients' decide what colors they want and then the artist designs it for them.

what i am saying is that the artist can play around with the colors and make color variations within their current design like shibbiy did, and then Teefury puts a drop down menu on the side with a list like i described above. by all means, if the artist strictly wants only one color scheme to be available, then the artist absolutely has the right to do that.

the reason i even bring this up is because when i saw shibbiy's "into the wild" design, i thought "ohhh if only it werent so bright". im sure some people liked that, but it wasnt for me. and then i saw the variation posted in the forums, and my eye caught the black/yellow shirt, and i thought now THATS shirt i would buy if it were printed. if that variation was made available as an option to the customer, i would have purchased the shirt. I feel that for future shirts where colors can easily vary (unlike in a shirt such as: http://thedeadbird.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ajobforlife-bottom.jpg), more of a selection would be nice.