Back to forum
rss 301 weeks ago
Received my BE SQUARE shirt today. Thanks to Tee Fury for quick shipping :)

I must say though I am a tad disappointed that the green on the shirt is a much darker green than the neon green that was shown in the pictures.

http://thedeadbird.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/be-square/

Not sure it would have made much of a difference since it is such a cool design. But still, the site should be a fair representation of the colors used imo :)
7Comments
    301 weeks ago
    Hey Openintro - would you mind posting a quick image of the tee? would love to check out the coloring - we will take care of you ;)
    301 weeks ago
    th_34239_photo_122_1160lo.jpg
    301 weeks ago
    Again, not a huge issue at all....just wanted to point out that the picture and the finished product seemed a bit different :)

besquare-top2.jpg?w=510&h=318
    299 weeks ago
    Yeah I've noticed the color difference. It's because TeeFury doesn't use a white under-base, so the colors become halftones. If they were to process white underneath it, though, it would feel thick and probably noticeably heavier.

Anyway the only way to achieve the true color is laying down a layer of white, then flash drying it with any type of flash dryer, and laying down the neon green ink directly aligned. They'd go through a few ssmurf shirts aligning it, but it'd look nice :).
    299 weeks ago
    there's a lot i need to learn about this stuff
    299 weeks ago
    I just worked at a tshirt printing place for a year or so, so I know how some of the older industry stuff works. I'm far from knowing modern techniques as the industry gets new things almost monthly.