Back to forum
rss 174 weeks ago
With all the comments on my "Count the Shadows" shirt asking for the Lego Saw design, I figured I might try resubmitting it. Before I do, I'd like to give it a bit of a make over and I was curious what you, loyal teefurians, think would make the shirt better. Here is what I submitted back in October:

Maybe it should just be Jigsaw's Puppet? Maybe it needs more? Let me know what you think and maybe it'll be selected.
6Comments
    174 weeks ago
    i dont really no what needs doing to it as i am no artist i just no its great, i think it definately needs to keep both figures as thats what makes it great and sorry i have no idea how it can be changed ,
    were you given any ideas why it was chosen when you originally submitted it?
    was it because it was too close to crossing the ownership rights etc if so i dont no what to suggest.
    try asking teefury why they refused it originally and maybe they can give you some pointers,
    good luck with this it needs to be printed.
    174 weeks ago
    I would suggest finding some way to add a sheen to Jigsaw's head. Making it more plastic looking than it looks. I realise that it's white, and you probably don't want to make a whiter white for that. It's just a suggestion. More white reflections off of the plastic of everything overall would make it POP a bit more, I would think.

Like on the Yellow Lego man's hands and both of their shirt fronts. And maybe... give the yellow guy less of a neck.

Just throwing out ideas here. lol
    174 weeks ago
    this shirt is epic. that's all i have to say.
    174 weeks ago
    I was kind of thinking it needed more. Like a Goonies/Star Wars/Indiana Jones VHS cover collage. have a lego version of the actual jigsaw in his hood, maybe a few other characters in traps. Maybe some studs (aka lego coins), some puzzle peices.

The couple of concerns I have are that:
    A.) Are either of these franchises too iffy on the copyright side to be considered proper parody?
    and
    B.) Was it originally not considered due to the somewhat cruel nature of the lego man getting ready to saw his own leg off?

If any curators are watching, please let me know if either of those are valid issues. If so, I don't want to waste anyone's time trying to add to the design and resubmitting it. I feel like maybe it was too simple and trying too hard to just be clever rather than trying to be a good overall design. But if the issue was one that one simply go away by adding more, I'd like to know sooner than later.
    174 weeks ago
    bluntrook said: As a SAW fan, I think the way you've attached the two together is a tad bit unfair (hello, it's SPOILER ALERT).

I LOVE the RED though. Because it's gory and bloody.

I think the design could be reworked a bit. Don't make it so literal but make it fun for the viewer to solve it. But really, keep Jigsaw, because he looks EPIC. Also, you could even insert any victim there although if you're referring to the 7th movie then kudos to you... again, spoilers... see what I mean?

surely this is based on the first saw movie isnt it?? the doctor having to saw off his own leg.
    i no it could be saw 7 but i assumed it was 1
    174 weeks ago
    dippycow_5 said:
    bluntrook said: As a SAW fan, I think the way you've attached the two together is a tad bit unfair (hello, it's SPOILER ALERT).

I LOVE the RED though. Because it's gory and bloody.

I think the design could be reworked a bit. Don't make it so literal but make it fun for the viewer to solve it. But really, keep Jigsaw, because he looks EPIC. Also, you could even insert any victim there although if you're referring to the 7th movie then kudos to you... again, spoilers... see what I mean?

surely this is based on the first saw movie isnt it?? the doctor having to saw off his own leg.

i no it could be saw 7 but i assumed it was 1

It was. I haven't seen 7 yet. Just 1-6 But I just want to take any feedback I can.