Back to forum
rss 188 weeks ago
In my excitement to be a part of TeeFury, I banged out 4 ideas rather quickly.

Some said they lack polish, which I mostly agree with (#2 was meant to be simple).

Since, I've played quite a bit with maximizing what I can do with 6 colors, learning how I can polish my ideas.

I've already submitted these 4 designs (again, I rushed). Which ever of these the community here thinks has the most potential, I will go ahead and try and develop further.

Thanks everyone!

#1) Free Hugs

Very simple, done very quickly. I was thinking of adding a sort of green glow behind it. To give it depth, like it is flying at you.

#2) A Nakatomi Tower Christmas

This was meant to look like a company took their logo, and had Christmas shirts printed for a party in 1988. Very simple. But I could put more details and depth to the ornament. Still, I wanted it to look like a corporate give-away.

#3) Lapidus is my Co-Pilot

I like the way Lapidus looks, but not so much the writing. :/

#4) The Captain is In

This one I like, the idea, though it came out more simple looking that I had hoped. That seems to be helped by having it not be too big on the shirt, but I was thinking of adding some shadows to create depth. It would be less like the comic though.

Anyway, those were my first 4 ideas.

Which idea does everyone like most?

and

What suggestions do you have?
7Comments
    188 weeks ago
    love the Lapidus one so very much but like you say the writting isnt good, i would buy it if it didnt have any writting or if it said something like "were not going to guam ,are we" however if the writting says something like that,then he needs to be wearing his pilots uniform ,but i would love a Lapidus shirt he isnt often seen on a tee so his is much wanted ,i loved him.

and actually i like the first one too, very simple and nice i'd buy it ,
    188 weeks ago
    Very simple, done very quickly. I was thinking of adding a sort of green glow behind it. To give it depth, like it is flying at you.
    Try forced perspective, a drop shadow and highlighting, like so:

You don't need to be too exact with the highlighting either; at a distance the details blur out anyway and you're just left with the impression of depth:

188 weeks ago
    dippycow_5 said: love the Lapidus one so very much but like you say the writting isnt good, i would buy it if it didnt have any writting or if it said something like "were not going to guam ,are we" however if the writting says something like that,then he needs to be wearing his pilots uniform ,but i would love a Lapidus shirt he isnt often seen on a tee so his is much wanted ,i loved him.

and actually i like the first one too, very simple and nice i'd buy it ,

I love the Guam quote, but thinks he looks more bad-ass with his facial hair. I was thinking maybe the quote when he reveals he landed the helicopter "The hell kind of pilot you think I am?"

188 weeks ago
    Syzygy said:
    Try forced perspective, a drop shadow and highlighting, like so:

You don't need to be too exact with the highlighting either; at a distance the details blur out anyway and you're just left with the impression of depth:

Well, I wanted to keep the facehuger black, it seems more ominous that way. Somethings coming at you, you can't see it, but you can tell what it is.

I saw your That's All Folks design before, I like it, the humor of it as well, but (maybe because I'm a pervert) it looks too DonkeyKong-y. Then again, almost all of Giger's design involved something sexual.

If I get a chance today, I'm gong to work on the Alien one, then the Lapidus one.

I have this 5th idea... I'm very excited about. It is Doctor Who related...though, honestly, I can see how people say there is too many Doctor Who and Lost designs. (Even though those are the shirts that attracted me to this site.) So I'd like to come up with something to help add to the variety here.

188 weeks ago
    njscorpio said: I saw your That's All Folks design before, I like it, the humor of it as well, but (maybe because I'm a pervert) it looks too DonkeyKong-y.
    You should have seen the prior versions =P. I've been trying to do a more Looney Tunes-esque version with head down and arms spread to avoid that look but nothing satisfactory yet. And I totally hear you about preferring the black; much creepier. Hmmm, I wonder if you could apply so sort of motion blur so the silhouette isn't immediately recognisable?

I think I know what the last design is missing: the Peanuts reference comes through loud and clear and is a perfect fit but it's hard to identify Jack. I thought he was supposed to be Chris Pine's Captain Kirk. You need more than just the earpiece; perhaps moving the left arm clear of the neck so you can see that he's wearing a trenchcoat and adding the other Torchwood characters (and possibly a miniature version of his Chula ship overhead)?
    188 weeks ago
    njscorpio i totally no where your comming from with your thoughts on the "thats all folks" i thought it had a phallic look about it and if you hadnt said it i was gonna.
    i prefer your original colour for the face hugger,
    and sorry but i dont like the line for lapidas there "The hell kind of pilot you think I am?"it just doesnt fit ,i dont think sorry,but i can see where your comming from.
    you could go with something like
    " I got news for you, doc. There's nothing but water in every direction. " and then you can keep the beard as well,what do you think????????
    187 weeks ago
    I'm pretty fond of the 4th one. Because I absolutely love Captain Jack.