Back to forum
rss 181 weeks ago
Wanted to do something really specific for all the die hard Doctor Who fans out there like myself. It's still WIP as far as colors go but I should be ready to submit it in a couple of days. Been working really hard on this one. Just wondering what you all think?

Count the Shadows (WIP)
72Comments
    181 weeks ago
    nice one ...

I submitted a Dr Who one the other day too ... maybe we'll see a few!
    181 weeks ago
    I love it!
    181 weeks ago
    Thank you :D bleee, was yours Amy and The Doctor peering through the crack?

I actually watched Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead earlier with my girlfriend and kept finding little things I need to change before I even dig into the colors.

Also if anyone doesn't like it please leave some constructive criticism.
    181 weeks ago
    dangerpinsx said: Thank you :D bleee, was yours Amy and The Doctor peering through the crack?

I actually watched Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead earlier with my girlfriend and kept finding little things I need to change before I even dig into the colors.

Also if anyone doesn't like it please leave some constructive criticism.

yeah that's mine, i just wanted to keep the red of her hair and green of the sonic screwdriver and the rest just a couple of greys ...

I like yours even just as it is ... maybe some subtle colours, i dunno, maybe some pale greens on the 'face'
    181 weeks ago
    bleee said:

yeah that's mine, i just wanted to keep the red of her hair and green of the sonic screwdriver and the rest just a couple of greys ...

I like yours even just as it is ... maybe some subtle colours, i dunno, maybe some pale greens on the 'face'

I was thinking cream and off white and gray and either blue or green for effect. I think the design needs a bit of separation between foreground and background, even if it is kind of neat how the design as a whole resembles a skull.

Also what's the title of yours?
    181 weeks ago
    This is creepy... in an awesome way. Totally keeps the feel of the episode!
    181 weeks ago
    The words blend a bit much, so maybe a little color around there will help.

What's the bit above Dave's head? (I just decided that is Proper Dave, by the way. Hope you don't mind.)

Love it. I'm buying the Prydon Academy one featured today, and if this one is picked up, I'm going to be quite poor.
    181 weeks ago
    I really like this design above and beyond the one being sold today. I would really like nicer Doctor Who tshirts. There has been a few that are just kinda bleh. :/
    180 weeks ago
    dangerpinsx said:
    bleee said:

I was thinking cream and off white and gray and either blue or green for effect. I think the design needs a bit of separation between foreground and background, even if it is kind of neat how the design as a whole resembles a skull.

Also what's the title of yours?

I didn't know what to call it really .. was going to call it Amy's Crack ... but thought better of it :|

but this is the one:

Crack_preview.jpg

180 weeks ago
    bleee said:
    I didn't know what to call it really .. was going to call it Amy's Crack ... but thought better of it :|
    What something like "Some real cowboys in here..."?
    180 weeks ago
    dangerpinsx said:
    bleee said:

What something like "Some real cowboys in here..."?

lol
    180 weeks ago
    Love this one. I do feel like there should be some color (maybe like someone else has said on the words to make them stand out), but I love it.

I resisted buying the one today because I wasn't in love with it, but I really like this one (and the one 'bleee' posted with Amy & 11)
    180 weeks ago
    That is absolutely wonderful. If it's submitted and posted, and I catch it, I'm buying it faster than you can say Library.
    180 weeks ago
    ...Oh my god, that is an amazing shirt. To be perfectly honest I would buy that up in a heartbeat except I am a total spelling nazi and you gave "vashta nerada" an extra a. Other than that, I absolutely love it and I can't wait to see it colored!
    180 weeks ago
    tophie said: ...Oh my god, that is an amazing shirt. To be perfectly honest I would buy that up in a heartbeat except I am a total spelling nazi and you gave "vashta nerada" an extra a. Other than that, I absolutely love it and I can't wait to see it colored!

OH! Thank you :) Seriously, I had it correct in the sketch i made because I looked it up not wanting to look like a total n00b and of course I went and posted the wrong spelling online. So seriously, thank you for that catch. Luckily I drew the letters on a separate layer so it'll be easy to fix.

rackfocus, The bit above Dave's head is the security globe from the first part of the episode that is mysteriously connected to the little girl (don't want to spoil it too much). Below that is the symbol seen throughout the episode...
    a2j_408-SilenceintheLibrary-00264.jpg&t=1
    ...with a compass underneath it which is on many of the library rooms. Do you think it's okay? would the design be better without it?

And thank you to everyone for your support and input :)
    180 weeks ago
    Aaaahahahaha. Amy's crack. OMG.
    I lost it. hahahaha.
    Love it tho, man.
    180 weeks ago
    FuzzyLogic said: Aaaahahahaha. Amy's crack. OMG.

I lost it. hahahaha.

Love it tho, man.

Lol
    180 weeks ago
    LOVE IT!!!!
    180 weeks ago
    Aaaaaaaaand colored!

Count The Shadows (Colors)
    180 weeks ago
    I love the color version! Subtle and makes everything stand out well. I hope this gets printed!
    180 weeks ago
    yep, coloured one looks smashing! nice job!
    180 weeks ago
    dangerpinsx said: Aaaaaaaaand colored!

Count The Shadows (Colors)

I LOVE it!
    180 weeks ago
    I'd buy this instantly!
    180 weeks ago
    You're welcome! (I'm so glad it was an easy fix too.) And the design looks absolutely fantastic colored. *u* I love it so much! I will be keeping my eye out for this one, most definitely.
    180 weeks ago
    i like the design but for me the 6 boxes in the upper left just arent needed... throws off the symmetry of the shirt for me...
  • Load More Comments