Back to forum
rss 180 weeks ago
I'm kind of new here or at least finally have the guts to put something up, I need help and I want to know what you guys think, I know I could do better in coloring, just any constructive criticism or tips and tricks on PS and Illustrator would be nice, I've been getting frustrated haha, everyone here is doing such a great job and hope to see my designs and other newcomers up in there as well, thanks and here's a few for example:

remake_hearts

Headache_by_acidskull

darkside_rhapsody

sloth_and_chunk

bear fight
7Comments
    180 weeks ago
    i absolutely love the first one its great,my only moan is why does the colour look as if it is coming from his butt instead of from the exit point of the shot,but other than that i love it,love the colours and your drawing is great.
    the others are good too but the first one is more to my liking,great work,
    179 weeks ago
    Lol thanks for pointing that out, I suppose I should have lifted a bit more up, but thanks, it means a lot to hear feedback.
    179 weeks ago
    I think the third one is amazing! Not only that I'm also a fans of starwars, but I love the simplicity and the placement are superb. Keep up the great work!
    179 weeks ago
    The first and last are my favorites.
    I would definitely buy those if they got printed! :D
    179 weeks ago
    Thanks :) I submitted the star wars and the bear fight on here before but probably got turned down, I want to try and re edit them to look a bit better, especially on shirt, but thanks again :)
    179 weeks ago
    Acidskull, you need to reduce the number of colours in your images to six or less as per the submission guidelines. Zazzle, for example, uses dye-sublimation printing and can handle thousands of colours but Teefury, Woot! etc. use screenprinting so are much more limited. The advantage, of course, is cost. You can get more than six colours via halftones but that does require some forethought. You can also use the fabric as a 'free' colour; this is most applicable to designs intended to be printed on a black t-shirt (or white, but that isn't a very popular colour, nor does it show most designs to best advantage).

For example, your sockpuppet fight (which is awesome =) can be reduced to white, grey, flesh, light brown, dark brown and red on black fabric:

179 weeks ago
    Wow your right, it really pops out more too, I'll definitely post more stuff using your tips, thanks :) really informative.